• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New to me Lombard photos

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
A friend of mine from Northern Maine e-mailed me a few Lombard photos i didn't have,Im pretty sure they are taken at Lac Frontiere on the Maine -Canada border. I know they are Ed Lacroix tractors of which i have 2 and one of mine is the number 9 machine.Lacroix at 1 time owned 26 Lombard Tractors. HE had hundreds of horses and men working in the Maine woods and that required a lot of hay and supplies to be hauled to Churchill depot and his other camps on the Allagash and st.John waterways.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

seems like one operator had a bad day !!!:biggrin:Merry Christmas everyone !!

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
Cool Don!
Looks like you got a Christmas present a little early
Any more coming?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Great pictures, Don.
Thanks for sharing them with us.
Merry Christmas

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
The one in Allenstown is number 8, In Hellen Hamlins book ,9 Mile Bridge she talks about the Lombards at Churchill Depot where she was a school teacher,and theres a drawing of number 8 lombard.:smile: I have hundreds of photos of Lacroixs operation ,a few of these i didn't have.My friend that sent the pictures,headed up the crew that jacked up the two locomotives and reballasted the track under them. He got the Photos from the grandson of Ed Lacroix ,who lives in St.George Quebec.

Last edited:

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
So your going to have a hard time selecting photos for the book
with all those photos...
Maybe can get Helen Pike help you get it going....
times a wasting.....:w00t2:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I cant get my head around a book at the moment!!!!!:ermm: I'm busy outback trying to do a snow and cold weather dance !!!!!:clap::clap:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
sorry it is sideways it was on the February 19, 2016 Farmers Trading post. it is an insert of the Wisconsin State Farmer.

It is a steam engine with the kennenberg Crew. Hauling logs for the tigerton lumber company.

another instructor here at the college "Gets it".

Attachments

• side ways steamer 2016.jpg
    side ways steamer 2016.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 237

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
this one was in the same paper..

HP to wight ratio is right in line.......:w00t2:

Attachments

• other ways.JPG
    other ways.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 225

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I dont think they made many of the Killien-strait tractors,The Phoenix manufacturing co. in Eau Claire made around 100 steam haulers and they were used all over the snowbelt, neat pictures. Don