• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

100 Mile Tucker Modifications

teamster

The snowmobile association I bought this Tucker from told me they used to have lots of trouble, that's why there were 2 new idlers and 2 new axles with the machine when I bought it, but since they started using synthetic grease for a boat trailer and putting the normal CR type wheel seal in backwards, so it lets the grease out and stops the water from coming in, they hadn't had a problem in 5 years. I plan on just popping the old seals out and reusing them, if they're ok.

teamster

Back to working on the Tucker.
Installing the skin
Hydraulics'
Electrical
The one photo shows the 3M tape used to hold the aluminum skin on
Once I'm finished installing the skin, I'll pull the plastic off the aluminum and it will look better.

Attachments

• DSCF3131.jpg
    DSCF3131.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 341
  • DSCF3132.jpg
    DSCF3132.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 341
  • DSCF3133.jpg
    DSCF3133.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 336
  • DSCF3136.jpg
    DSCF3136.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 336
  • DSCF3135.jpg
    DSCF3135.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 334

teamster

I'm just about done insulating and installing the skin. 2" insulation in the walls and 1 1/2" in the doors. Started installing windows, that job sucks, soon to start wiring, that's the part I really like. The block heater was pooched, it has one like a gas engine that goes in the block, got lucky and found a new replacement. You can see where I pulled the plastic off the hood, looks pretty shiny. I took a propane torch and melted the insulation in the door, so the latch rod doesn't drag.

Attachments

• IMG_1451.JPG
    IMG_1451.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1453.JPG
    IMG_1453.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1454.JPG
    IMG_1454.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_1455.JPG
    IMG_1455.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 268

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is turning out nice. When your done you can put on you fancy clothes and drive it to town.

teamster

Update:
I've been working on this project for TOO LONG, I'm obviously to darn slow anymore.
History of why I did this:
I'm over 6' tall and I like things that are user friendly, in regards to comfort, ease of working on, comfortable , etc.
I hope not to offend true Tucker fans, I love my Tuckers, but sitting in an old cab that was designed for smaller people, and only 2 passengers is not my thing.
So here's the story:
I bought this machine from the 100 Mile house snowmobile club, 2 years ago, for $8500 Canadian.
It sat out in the bush, all winter long, and was used to pull there groomer.
Previously, it did the same thing in Idaho, somewhere
It was in very good mechanical condition, so I've done nothing mechanicaly to it, except change the block heater.
Body wise, every mouse, in the Caribou Mountains, had lived in it.
Specs:
1981, 1742C Tucker
VT 378 Cummins V6 Turbo charge engine
170 Hp @ 3000 RPM governed to 3200 RPM
545 Allison automatic
Dana 70 diffs with 6.17 ratio, Detroit Locker in rear
I'm a bit of recycler, or maybe I'm cheap, I was given a rolled cab from a T800 Kenworth and Western Star, plus I used parts from a: Mack, New Holland Combine, 2 shop vacs and lord only knows what else.
More to follow.

Attachments

• 100 mile 3.jpg
    100 mile 3.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1513.JPG
    IMG_1513.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCF3131.jpg
    DSCF3131.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0967.jpg
    IMG_0967.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1514.JPG
    IMG_1514.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1515.JPG
    IMG_1515.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1518.JPG
    IMG_1518.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 179

teamster

Added features:
Now it seats 8 people comfortable
Drivers seat is air ride
9 illuminated cup holders
3 heaters
Shortened the fuel tank and lowered it into the frame, it's under the cross ways front seat,
6 speaker stereo
6 interior lights
Backup camera
Dual air horns
Multiple exterior lights
CB radio
Any channel VHF radio
Dual 8D batteries, under each seat at the rear of the machine
Multiple grab handles for access in and out
Tilt steering
Hydraulic rear stairs, I haul a few disabled people, and I made 4444 trips up and down them myself, when I built this.
2" high density stiro foam insulation in the body and 11/2 in the doors
Sun roof.
I took the original muffler, that was mounted under the cab, along the frame, and modified it to be a side inlet, and stood it up.
The machine is a little loud, I will have to add more noise suppression once I get back from McCall, I don't have time to get it done before.
Also I don't have the blade finished, but it will get done.
I have not idea what it weights, but I will in the next week or so.
I wanted to stripe the body, to match my truck, but with an estimate of $900, I will look at doing something myself.

Attachments

• IMG_1519.JPG
    IMG_1519.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1522.JPG
    IMG_1522.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1524.JPG
    IMG_1524.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1523.JPG
    IMG_1523.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 143

teamster

Added features:
Now it seats 8 people comfortable
Drivers seat is air ride
9 illuminated cup holders
3 heaters
Shortened the fuel tank and lowered it into the frame, it's under the cross ways front seat,
6 speaker stereo
6 interior lights
Backup camera
Dual air horns
Multiple exterior lights
Dual 8D batteries, under each seat at the rear of the machine
Multiple grab handles for access in and out
Tilt steering
Hydraulic rear stairs, I haul a few disabled people, and I made 4444 trips up and down them myself, when I built this.
2" high density stiro foam insulation in the body and 11/2 in the doors
Sun roof.
I took the original muffler, that was mounted under the cab, along the frame, and modified it to be a side inlet, and stood it up.
The machine is a little loud, I will have to add more noise suppression once I get back from McCall, I don't have time to get it done before.
Also I don't have the blade finished, but it will get done.
I have not idea what it weights, but I will in the next week or so.
I wanted to stripe the body, to match my truck, but with an estimate of $900, I will look at doing something myself.