• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This one kinda snuck up on us. We're in the middle of a decent storm. It started after supper and is forcasted to last into Monday dropping 12-20cm of snow. That, I can handle. It's the strong winds that are making it interesting. I could feel it in my back and legs as soon as I woke up this morning. Thankfully I discovered that I can still operate the snowblower.
86a5ccca7d7724097e868ff95f049f85.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thankfully the snow tapered off overnight. I did the driveway with the snowblower this morning and on the level we probably got 6". We're still way below the normal snow levels for this time of year.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Our snow took a $hit kicking over the past week. The other day it was +18C. We are now in a winter storm warning. It started this morning and slowed a bit after supper. I just came back in from clearing about 8" of heavy wet snow as it's still +1C. The snow is picking up again.

I'm keeping a close eye on this one as my oldest son is flying home tonight. So far planes are still landing.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This was yesterday afternoon shortly after the snow hit. In all we ended up with over a foot of snow in 12 hours. I did the driveway yesterday but it needs it again.

The trip to the airport was adventurous to say the least. First my son's plane was delayed over an hour as they were waiting for deicing fluid. Then, four planes arrived here all at the same time and only two of the three enclosed walkways were working. So of course the other two plane fulls of passengers had to walk across the tarmac through a foot of snow to get to the terminal. What a shitshow.

Then of course since all the highways were closed in either direction of the city the road maintenence was minimal. Doing 60km on a four lane highway in 4x4 and we nearly hit the ditch. Some other hero thought that wasn't fast enough and flew by me approaching a stop light. Well, the light turned red and he tried to stop but lost control causing his truck to go sailing through the intersection on the opposite side of the road. Fun stuff.

935fa030e2e048247708163248c225d7.jpg

This one is from this morning. Considered 24 hours ago the snow was mostly gone except for smaller banks along the roadway........
3bb767294ba796bd84aee6ce7a1da2b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited: