• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow clearing.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
Photos taken today. This is my son and I blowing snow, my other son who was driving the plow truck took the photos.We had a 2 day blizzard and the highway was closed over a distance of 530 km. My section of 26km is the worst to clean. The place where these photos where taken has snow 20ft deep at the deepest and 6 feet at the shallowest for a distance of 200-300 yards. Took 5 hours to open 1 lane.

Attachments

• photo file 276.jpg
    photo file 276.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 136
  • photo file 277.jpg
    photo file 277.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 136

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
:wow:That's some deep snow!

We are less than normal in the upper midwest. Looks like you coud stand to share some of that! What part of Canada? Eastern? Our East coast is burried...

Tell us about the blower!

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm impressed. My 10HP 30" White pales in comparison. I am humbled. :biggrin:

Yes, tell us more about the blower.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
Couple more photos The first one I think I posted here before, the second is from the same rock cut. Taken just before the photos in my first post.
My big blower is a SMI4200 and my smaller blower is a RPM TECH. We were able to open our section for one lane and convoys on day 2 and open two lanes on day 4. Compared to the the MTQ when they did this section last year, they took 8 days.:whistling::whistling:Feather in my hat, if I do say so myself.:whistling::whistling:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 103
  • photo file 273.jpg
    photo file 273.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 97

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
That's truly some impressive equipment and work right there. Very interesting. Just when I start to think we get a lot of snow, I realize folks like you get a lot more. :biggrin: