• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

TOTAL SCAM = FREE Case of Valvoline VR1 Racing Synthetic Motor

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Fuckers! Nice work Dargo!

Thanks. I know it's a piss poor video, but I'm ticked at getting shafted! I sent their headquarters a link to that video. Now my goal is to see if I can get it to have as many hits as possible. If y'all don't mind, I think all you have to do is click on it for YouTube to count it as a view (I think). You don't have to watch my whole rant. I want them to think the whole country is on to their scam! Damn if criminals don't piss me off. Sorry for the rant, but I followed their directions to the letter and even called them to make sure I sent precisely what I needed to send the very next day after I bought their oil.

Right now my dream would be if enough people saw that piss poor video that also got ripped off and we could start a class action law suit against Valvoline for ripping us off; knowing there isn't shit we can do about it.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks. I know it's a piss poor video, but I'm ticked at getting shafted! I sent their headquarters a link to that video. Now my goal is to see if I can get it to have as many hits as possible. If y'all don't mind, I think all you have to do is click on it for YouTube to count it as a view (I think). You don't have to watch my whole rant. I want them to think the whole country is on to their scam! Damn if criminals don't piss me off. Sorry for the rant, but I followed their directions to the letter and even called them to make sure I sent precisely what I needed to send the very next day after I bought their oil.

Right now my dream would be if enough people saw that piss poor video that also got ripped off and we could start a class action law suit against Valvoline for ripping us off; knowing there isn't shit we can do about it.

I posted on the site where I originally got the link. I'm not sure if it will help your view count but anything should help.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What a timely post. I was at the store yesterday getting some things and figured I might as well get some oil. I saw the Valvoline on the shelf and remembered this thread, so I stepped past their oil and grabbed some Pennzoil and Mobil 1.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, what do you know. It appears that social media does carry a bit of weight. That along with who knows how many people were shorted their rebates from Valvoline. Even though my UPC bar code was complete, Valvoline first declined my rebate because it is folded over a piece of cardboard. Here is the latest email I received after I responded "Sorry, the truth stays. If you want, sue me" after I first received a demand to take it off YouTube. Now I just received this:

Hi Mr. Norman,

I heard about your issue with the Valvoline offer so I jumped in and did some digging to see what was up. I'd be pretty frustrated too.

The first thing I did was have them cut you a check, and then I tried to figure out what went wrong. So, I have a check in hand now and ready to send to you. I found out the fulfillment house that processes these offers for Valvoline held back a few submissions because of what they said were partially damaged UPCs, and related issues. Even though they were strictly adhering to a policy, I would characterize this as a glitch, and I have informed them that 1) we need to have more flexibility in our process going forward, and 2) it is unacceptable that you waited months before being told there was a problem.

I hope you know we actually do stand by our offers, and actually redeemed a ton of those racing oil offers. To that end I have your check and will send it to the address I have at 3001 XXXX XXXX in Evansville. Also, please let me know what type and grade you're using and I'd like to send you a free case in a separate shipment.

I'm also happy to chat if you want to give us a call at 859-357-7777 and just ask for me. I'm also hoping that you agree that the YouTube posting is no longer needed.

Wishing you the best,
Rob

Rob Clendening
Manager, Global Brands
Ashland Consumer Markets

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bet you are the only one they are cutting a check to. Hope they do mail it and you get your free case of oil.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't accept either the check or the free oil. If you did, they've (in a round about way) complied with the terms by giving you a rebate and therefore could force the removal of the YouTube video. I'd rather have the video.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't accept either the check or the free oil. If you did, they've (in a round about way) complied with the terms by giving you a rebate and therefore could force the removal of the YouTube video. I'd rather have the video.

How about we take up a collection to get you a case of oil. Is it ok with you if it is used? :brows:

Jim

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I actually agreed to take the video down "for now" based on them following through with what they said. However, I'm not adept at using YouTube. I think I did what I wanted; changed the viewing rights to 'private' and it should not be able to be seen by others. I do not want to delete it just yet; just in case.

Could someone please try to click on the video and see if it still plays for me? I don't want to dump all my cookies and have to login again to every site I visit and, without doing so, it recognizes me and the video plays. I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know if I did what I wanted.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Bet you are the only one they are cutting a check to. Hope they do mail it and you get your free case of oil.

I did make a comment as such in my reply to Rob. I let him know that at car shows and races, people mostly sit around and talk about all things cars; including motor oils and rip-offs. My strong hint was for Valvoline to do the right thing for all they ripped off.

Oh, in case anyone wondered, my baby sis is a big time attorney and she told me that it would be a disaster for Valvoline if they tried to sue me to make me take that video down. She assured me that if they did, she could make the case and the video 'go viral'. She said her law firm would likely try a bluff letter to see if it worked similar to Valvoline. She assured me that I'd be surprised how many people fold at that point.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
No it says it is private and we need your permission to see it. The one of you dancing in somebody's underwear plays fine!:yum::yum:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You can see there is a video, or you can actually view the video?

Very odd, I just tried a real computer and it's marked private. I tried my iphone again and it still works. The iphone doesn't use the safari browser, it uses a youtube app.

Jim

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Tried my wife's ipad, same thing, can run the video.

Must have something to do with the way the app accesses the site.

Jim

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I suspect they were shocked that anyone actually found the stuff. They're still a bunch of two faced ass suckers and I will never buy their products.