• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Manual for Tucker 1800 Series

srexecmark

I just bought a Tucker 1846 built in 1977. Does anyone have a manual which covers this series? It is the belted track version.

srexecmark

I will take some pictures next weekend and post them. The guy I bought it from completely rebuilt it, including a new Chrysler Industrial 360 and a plow set up. The track belts are new, but the growsers are bent up a bit form running it on the gravel most likely. Thanks for your help.

aksnocat

What is the configuration of a model 1846?

What I know about Tucker model numbers would suggest that this is an 1800 series with 4 tracks and 6 doors. Sounds pretty cool.

I've got a '77 model 1742 - 1700 series, 4 tracks and 2 doors.

I don't know that I've ever seen an 1800 series Tucker. The standard models of that vintage were the 1300 and 1400 series (4 wheel track carriers), 1500 series (5 wheel carriers), and the 1600 and 1700 series (6 wheel carriers). I also remember seeing a 2700 series that was a heavy-duty 6-wheel carrier model.

Are you sure it's an 1800 series? I suppose it could be a special order or limited run model.

Somewhere I've got an owner's manual for my 1742. If you can't find any others (and I can find it) I'd make you a copy.

I'm very interested in seeing some photos of this 'Cat.

srexecmark

I am not sure it is an 1800 series. The plate has some scratches over the model number so it is hard to read. I will take pictures this weekend.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Here you go.

Attachments

• Picture 37.png
    Picture 37.png
    169.7 KB · Views: 312

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just for reference, I do not have any manuals in my files for any Tucker newer than a 1975. The newest manual I have contains manuals for 1400, 1450 and 1500 series information. If anyone has a digital copy of a newer manuals I'd appreciate getting a copy of it so it can be added to our database.

aksnocat

I'd suggest that is a Tucker model 1743, and a very nice looking one at that!

I'd be interested in seeing how the blade is mounted. Looks to be mounted to the frame as opposed to mounted on the front axle or turntable.

More photos please!

:applause: :weneedpic

srexecmark

I finally got it delivered today. I looked at the plate more carefully and it is a 1642. I'm still looking for a manual.

Mark