• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New to us suv.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yukon's are nice. We rented one for a couple times for business when hauling media to iron mountain in north PA. 4 hour drive each way. Very comfortable ride. The 5.3 engine is a winner. Good luck with your new ride.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. I've had several gm vehicles with the 5.3l. So i know they are good engines. The extended warranty will be a bonus since I can't do much of the mechanical work myself anymore aside from brakes. Even oil changes are hard for me now as I'd have to lay on my back under the vehicle. We just wanted something bigger and newer to haul the kids around. This has the auto 4x4 traction control and such which are nice features and to me are way more important than heated leather seats and a sun roof.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So we got it home and so far we love it. Would it be nice to have the xl extended version? Sure but there's drawbacks to that too. They take up more room in a parking lot and don't turn as tight. This thing turns sharper than the envoy. Oh. And I discovered that it has remote start. A nice feature to have up here at -30 at 6am when the missus goes to work.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We've had several Tahoes and Yukons over the years. All were comfortable and reliable. Only major problem was a transfer case in a 2004 XL.

The Yukon we have now has remote start and heated seats. Very handy options

Jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Speaking of seats. Damn these things are comfy in the Yukon. I can see us being able to drive for longer distance now that my back is well supported. I always said gm vehicles are more comfortable.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
We've had several Tahoes and Yukons over the years. All were comfortable and reliable. Only major problem was a transfer case in a 2004 XL.

The Yukon we have now has remote start and heated seats. Very handy options

Jim
better watch out for those seats if they are Clinton seats they will blow smoke up your ass all year around.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
better watch out for those seats if they are Clinton seats they will blow smoke up your ass all year around.

We're safe, at least from Clinton and Obama. It's a last year of Bush 2, a 2007 :mrgreen:

Probably going to trade in a couple months. It only has 175,000 miles on it. 5.3 V8. Couple sets of tires, one battery, brakes, and valve cover gaskets. Belts and hoses at 100,000 miles plus regular service. Still running great but she wants something newer.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Heated seats would have been nice for my back on longer trips but we couldn't be picky buying used.
I had heated seats added to our 4 runner and to the BMW. Works just as good as from the factory. Any upholstery shop can do the job. It was $225 per seat, and I had both the drivers and the passener seats done. The 4runner is cloth rather than leather seats and heat works just as well or better than leather. Cloth seats heat up quicker.

They simply put low and hjgh 3 position rocker switches on the seat corner closest to the door. Easy to reach, just no indicator on the dash for when on or off. I don't see that as a problem as you are reminded real quick if they are on, even on low. You feel it. Wife and I both have herniated discs and the heat feels oh so good.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I may have to look into that. We tried the heated seat pads before and though they work good if you don't unplug them from the lighter socket when you shut the car off it won't be long before the battery is dead.