• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

broken front OC-4 gear box mount

Beartooth

As it says, I have broken the front round rotation mount on my 1402. OC-4.
If anyone has one they can spare it would be much appreciated. Too much snow on the ground to quit this early.

Doug 406-861-9040

jp11

Yup.. plain old Link Belt part.

I got a couple of them from the local bearing and industrial supplies place.

JP

turbinator62

Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Thank you Tubinator.

doug

I have been having problems with the clutch slipping in my 1402 with a Wisconsin VH4D. I have a complete new clutch assembly and have had to adjust it twice in 25 miles. Have you had any problems in that regard?

Beartooth

I have not. I too have the VH4D. I opened mine up when I got it and cleaned it very well. I am using a wet clutch fluid from Cat. I believe 1 and half pints. I do remember that there was a shim of sorts at the clutch fork/throw out. I had not seen that before. I left it there and all works well. I did smell it a week ago as I was pulling my son out of the ditch. He was blowing snow in the bobcat chained up and went to far to the right. Oh well. Imp pull it right out.

Doug

turbinator62

Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for the quick reply. That is pretty much the advice I have gotten from other guys but you are the only one with a 1402. The Wisconsin manual says to use engine oil in the chain case, but that would have been oil from 1965. I put in 5W30 which is probably my problem. Modern oils have all kinds of additives to make them more slippery. What pn is the Cat oil you are using? John Deere Hy Gard has been recommended also. Anything made for wet clutches is probably ok.
Regarding the amount of oil in the case, the book says to fill it to the level plug on the lower rear of the housing, which takes 1.5 qt. The previous owner had only put 1/2 qt in mine which caused the front lower output shaft bearing to burn up. The manual is a little confusing on this issue. For the clutch housing without a chain or gear reduction it says to use 1/2 qt. But later in the text it says to fill to the level plug on reduction drives. The quantity would vary depending on the ratio. For ours it takes 1.5 qt. You may want to double check it. 1/2 qt was below the bottom of the lower sprocket so it didn't get enough lube.
Thanks again.