• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Democrat Infighting as Texas Representative Al Green Criticizes Pelosi for Lack of Tr

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Democrat Infighting as Texas Representative Al Green Criticizes Pelosi for Lack of Trump Impeachment Support
by NATE CHURCH 15 May 2018

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...icizes-pelosi-lack-trump-impeachment-support/

Al Green may believe that President Donald Trump is “the quintessential person that impeachment was designed for,” but House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is not buying it.

“We have elections,” Pelosi said in an interview with the Dallas Morning News. “Go vote if it’s a policy thing and a behavior thing. I don’t know if you can get impeached for being a jerk, but if we did, this guy would be long gone. But that’s not unifying.”

The House has already handed Green an overwhelming rejection of both his December 2017 and January 2018 impeachment resolutions. In April, Pelosi implored her fellow party members to refocus from impeachment efforts, toward positive change. “I’m not walking away from impeachment for political reasons and I’m not walking toward it for political reasons,” Pelosi told Politico, “I just think it’s divisive and I think what we should do is always try to unify.”

To Pelosi, the ongoing cry for impeachment is a “distraction.”

Green expressed his consternation in a public statement that claimed Pelosi’s stance “trivializes the impact of his bigoted policies on Jews, Latinos, African-Americans, women and the LGBTQ community.” Further, that “trivializing his bigotry also allows Trump supporters to hypothesize that while Trump may be an objectionable jerk he is not an impeachable bigot, which is not true.”

Pelosi seems to have become exasperated by the conversation. “I’ve just said to folks ‘I wish you wouldn’t.’ You can talk about it in your district,” she said. “In my district, it’s a very popular issue but it’s not the path that we should go on.”

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
" ... his bigoted policies on Jews, Latinos, African-Americans, women and the LGBTQ community ..."

Off the top of my head:
His son-in-law is a Jew, he just followed through on his promise to move our embassy in Israel to Jerusalem,
he fought for the rights of Blacks in Florida, and his UN Ambassador is a woman, as is his nominee to head the CIA. Wow! I'm not sure I've ever seen so many things proving a man to be a racist, sexist, bigot! And Al Green is a really wise man.

[Oops! Forgot my sarcasm markers.]

rugerman

I think that mr. Green is playing to the Trump haters in his party in order to make himself relevant, it ain’t working dummy.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
At least Al Green waited until Trump was installed in office before calling for impeachment proceedings; Maxine Waters called for his impeachment two months before he actually was our President! Makes a person wonder about the intelligence of their voter base. (Okay, not really.)

As Bart explained to The Kid - "The clay of the new West."