• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The price of mufflers !! Yipes !!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Just priced a muffler for the 450 rhino I picked up for the wife . About 160 bucks ! Geez ??? I thought I was getting a great deal but its been a lot of little things that are piling up now . I am not 100% sure I even need a new muffler , but it just sounds too loud for me .
So far I got a new motor , new front axles , new rims and tires .

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
New motor, new frontaxles and new rims &tires. So after paying for all that the muffler price rattled you?? RV's, boats, ATV's and motorcycles, if you need parts just back in the parts dept. door w/ your pants down and if you're smart you'll pre vasilene yourself!!
Mike

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The little dinky muffler for my Case backhoe cost me $260 and I had to drive 100 miles to Rochester to get it. Local muffler shop is real good but had nothing that would fit under the tilting hood. You should have just bought a Kubota RTV.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Allen most of these newer atv's i find to be kind of on the loud side especialy when reved up. the exception being that 800 cc john deere gater i looked at when in nebraska last summer. on my polaris i have a stelth aux muffler and i love the thing i'l have to see if i can still get one for my bombadier traxter. it's adream to drive that with the aux muffler,last one i got was around a hundred bucks through dennis kirk.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
They are loud Big Al I can price ya one if ya want.

Thanks Mike , That makes me feel better . I talked with the wife and she thinks she can live with it . Its hers anyway , so it up to her .

leadarrows

I make my own mufflers now. I built one for my Tub Grinder and I only have about $65.00 in it. Kinda heavy 84 pounds but it will last forever. lol I still need to paint it. There is a pipe that bends and goes up to be put on but I just hooked it up to hear it work. I still need to take it back off and paint it.

It works great. I don't think I will ever buy one again. They wanted $225.00 for a new one.

Attachments

• 130113_0001.jpg
    130113_0001.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 130120_0001.jpg
    130120_0001.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 314
  • 130120_0002.jpg
    130120_0002.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 271
  • 121117_0008.jpg
    121117_0008.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 273
  • 121119_0003.jpg
    121119_0003.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 256
  • 121119_0001.jpg
    121119_0001.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 262

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just priced a muffler for the 450 rhino I picked up for the wife . About 160 bucks ! Geez ??? I thought I was getting a great deal but its been a lot of little things that are piling up now . I am not 100% sure I even need a new muffler , but it just sounds too loud for me .
So far I got a new motor , new front axles , new rims and tires .
I have one of the first rhino built and this is what I do on my 2000hr machine.
I am not into any show stuff and it stays on the place . so i just buy take offs on craigs list. i am on 2nd muffler ,new axles, 3 or 4th set of stock tires and wheels. I didn't think $50 bucks for each new wheel and tire was bad. I think the complete new muffler with head pipe was $60. Head pipe cracks on them and causes backfire so I am on the 3rd one of those.