• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Retailer Cuts ALL employees to 29.5 hours per week to avoid ObamaCare mandate!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Every NON-Managment position at a popular clothing retailer has been cut to avoid the ObamaCare mandate. So since ObamaCare considers now 30 hours per week to be the "new" full time employment, the chain has cut its workers to 29.5 hours.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/59981/obamacare-strikes-and-forever-21-cuts-employees-hours

Obamacare Strikes, and Forever 21 Cuts Employees' Hours

The predictions and fears of the Affordable Care Act’s adversaries have begun to materialize, specifically fears that the law will encourage employers to demote their employees to part-time positions in order to evade federal health care requirements. Popular clothing company Forever 21 is the first of what might be many companies to limit its non-management workers’ hours to 29.5 a week, just below the 30-hour minimum that the ACA deems full-time work.

Kane

A lot of things have become "normal" under Barack Hussein Obama.

• The 29.5 hour work week ... the new normal.
  • 50 million people on food stamps ... the new normal.
  • 50% of the people on the government dole ... the new normal.
  • 15% real unemployment ... the new normal.
  • An irrelevant foreign policy ... the new normal.
  • An immoral domestic policy ... the new normal.
  • An irrelevant Congress ... the new normal.
  • A corrupt Department of Justice ... the new normal.
And just think. Only three more years for Hussein to "fundamentally transform" Amerika. The new normal.

Woe is us. WTF were the people thinking in 2012?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
He promised CHANGE. He sure delivers. :bonk: :bonk: :pat:

I truly cannot imagine that the majority of the people who voted for him would have supported the type of CHANGE he has caused.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This is a no brainer. I have already discussed this very scenario here on the Forum, IE; the concept of the 30 hour week to sustain my business under Obamacare. After careful study it is not only advantageous to duck Obamacare mandates,,,,it turns out to be a more efficient use of resources over the 40 hour week.

I get 60 hours of production per week, per shift, out of the same equipment costs and monthy overhead burdens.

My turn times on customer contracts will improve by 20%.

My employees get four days off. They can fish, boat or get a second job.
As my profits improve, I may even be able to raise wages.

There isn't a retailer out there to whom this will not be an attracive alternative. Why didn't anyone in Congress know this? (the question is rhetorical)

Just like when Mom went to work in the 70's and 80's, encouraged by federal regulations, and pushed by media forces "what, you are just a housewife? stop wasting your potential..." the family unit suffered. We will soon have four income households. Mom and Dad will have two jobs each.

Don't worry, Gubmint will take care of the kids.

The media and politicins will blame big corporate greed. And no one will admit the simple fact that businesses, big and small, will always find a way to survive and profit,,,,(thatis their sole purpose BTW. says so on the business application) no matter the stupidy of ideas coming our of the central gubmint.

This is our path until we, as a nation, discover that creeping Federalism is good for Washington DC,,,, bad for the people. Hamilton was right.

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Makes perfect sense Franc.
The bad part is the end result of all this will be what Obama and gang wanted to start with. A government run single payer system since all the 29.5 hour employees will end up on the government plan along with all those on food stamps and on the government dole. I have to believe they knew exactly what they were doing and what it would cause. In the long run they get what they wanted to start with.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
For the record, France has a 32 hour work week. 20% of the nation is unemployed and 50% of thepopulation depends on the gubmint in some way. And an elite military that is not allowed to win wars.

We are now France

Kane

2013-08-19-digest-cartoon.jpg

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
One more lie from the False Prophet. There is NOTHING affordable in the so called Affordable Care Act. NOTHING!