• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

White House Watermelon Email

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
:doh:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/25/white-house-watermelon-em_n_169933.html

The mayor of Los Alamitos is coming under fire for an e-mail he sent out that depicts the White House lawn planted with watermelons, under the title "No Easter egg hunt this year."

Local businesswoman and city volunteer Keyanus Price, who is black, said Tuesday she received the e-mail from Mayor Dean Grose's personal account on Sunday and wants a public apology.

"I have had plenty of my share of chicken and watermelon and all those kinds of jokes," Price told The Associated Press. "I honestly don't even understand where he was coming from, sending this to me. As a black person receiving something like this from the city-freakin'-mayor - come on."

The Orange County Register first reported the e-mail on its Web site Tuesday night.

Grose confirmed to the AP that he sent the e-mail to Price and said he didn't mean to offend her. He said he was unaware of the racial stereotype that black people like watermelons.

He said he and Price are friends and serve together on a community youth board.

"Bottom line is, we laugh at things and I didn't see this in the same light that she did," Grose told the AP. "I'm sorry. It wasn't sent to offend her personally - or anyone - from the standpoint of the African-American race."

Grose, who became mayor in December, said he sent an apology e-mail to Price and her boss and also left her a voicemail apology.

Regardless, Price said it will be difficult for the two to work together.

"Now I am like - wow, is this really how he feels?" Price said.

Los Alamitos is a 2¼-square-mile Orange County city of around 12,000 people. The mayor is elected by fellow members of the five-seat City Council.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
It is called the double standard. A black person can call another black person a nigger and get away with it, but if a white person does this, then it is a racial slur. Black rappers use the term all the time, and suffer no harm to their reputations, but let one white person do it, then Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will come at you with a vengeance.
We have lots of double standard organizations alive and well in the US, such as the Negro College fund, the Black Caucus, etc. Can you imagine what would happen if someone were to start up a Caucasian College Fund, or there was a White Caucus in government?

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Grose confirmed to the AP that he sent the e-mail to Price and said he didn't mean to offend her. He said he was unaware of the racial stereotype that black people like watermelons.

Yeah RIGHT.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
It is called the double standard. A black person can call another black person a nigger and get away with it, but if a white person does this, then it is a racial slur. Black rappers use the term all the time, and suffer no harm to their reputations, but let one white person do it, then Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will come at you with a vengeance.
We have lots of double standard organizations alive and well in the US, such as the Negro College fund, the Black Caucus, etc. Can you imagine what would happen if someone were to start up a Caucasian College Fund, or there was a White Caucus in government?

You missed BET on the cable tv . I agree 100% .

Thats the only way the POS like Jackson & Sharpton can stay in the big picture . They are the biggest contributors to racism in the world .

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
You missed BET on the cable tv . I agree 100% .

Thats the only way the POS like Jackson & Sharpton can stay in the big picture . They are the biggest contributors to racism in the world .

Its ridiculous that they even have ANY religious affiliation. That unto itSELF is laughable.

benspawpaw

i cant understand why we cant have a WHITE anything, but the blacks can have a black anything they want. and also its the law they must be included in everything and by certain percentages or you dont get govt funding. kinda pisses me off.