• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snowtrac st4

brianf

I am looking at 2 different snowtrac st4's both have been sitting for many years motors are seized, but both are complete and in fairly good shape body wise, what are main problem areas on these machines, they have spare tracks and other stuff, may be worth more than machines???

Attachments

• snowcats 006.jpg
    snowcats 006.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 382

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Brian the pic you posted is of a 3 band track model which would be earl 70's and later the weak points are the sponsons that the center springs are attached to can break but it's an easy fix with some 2 inch box tube and you must use a 1600 motor and all additional engine tin needs to be present especialy the intake duct other wise there are a lot of improvements you could make while doing a restoration but these little riggs are reliable and cheap to operate

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Brian the pic you posted is of a 3 band track model which would be earl 70's and later the weak points are the sponsons that the center springs are attached to can break but it's an easy fix with some 2 inch box tube and you must use a 1600 motor and all additional engine tin needs to be present especialy the intake duct other wise there are a lot of improvements you could make while doing a restoration but these little riggs are reliable and cheap to operate

Yup. Everything Don just said.

Mine is a 1972 with those sprockets and the 3 band tracks. Its about as reliable as a hammer and as idiot proof as a screwdriver. Even I can keep it running :flowers:

brianf

the machine is rough, to many things wrong to be worth fixing, at the right price this machine may be worth repairing, but right now the price is a little to high