• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Newbie could use help....

Edward

I saw a " Snowcat" type about 15 years ago that was a single/two seat machine with a snow blower/thrower. It was sidewalk size...~6ft wide blower...If anyone has any ideas on what manufactures made these I would appreciate it...Thanks for your time.

Edward

It may have been.....but it didn't have a plow....had a snow blower/thrower driven off a front PTO.....thanks.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
It may have been a Trackless Snow Blower set up for a Snow cat . I have one and they are unbelievable . Used alot by cities back East on Sidewalks.

Attachments

• blower_2.jpg
    blower_2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,089

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the city ofanchorage had some sw bombies with snow blowers for side walks than changed to trackless and holder municipal tractors like the one pictured i would love to have one here for my driveway

Edward

Big Al that is the closest I've seen :wow:....that is newer and the one I saw had rubber tracks ??....no metal....okay now I'm really going to show how new I am....sw48 :shock:....???

snow dog

I see quite a number of tracked bobcats with blower moving snow, then during the summer dirt bucket and whatever

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You use to be abe to buy just the Trackless blower and attach it to your tractor or what ever . Mine was custom built in Sacramento to be used as a 3 ph set up on a tractor . I debated buying it for 6 months . Boy !!!! Am I glad I did !!!!Now they come with the tractor at about $100,000 .
Best investment I ever made

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I see quite a number of tracked bobcats with blower moving snow, then during the summer dirt bucket and whatever
if trracks arn't necessary i have driven the holder municipal tractors and they are a nice ride compaired to the bobcat skid steers but also very specialized the trackless rigs are more spartin

Edward

Thanks for all the info......we are trying to buy a home on 56 acres....driveway is at least 3000 ft long and black top.....10 acres cleared and 46 hardwood.....plan on getting a "snowcat" for snow removal and draging wood out on a sled, D3 dozer for tree removal and landscaping....and my old ford tractor for the rest of the farm work.....right now the terrain is pretty rough....

mtmogs

I've seen the SW-* sidewalk plows mounted with snowblowers driven by an auxilliary engine that hangs off the back like this one:
blow14.jpg

The one pictured may be for sale here:http://www.militaryconvoy.com/1bombardierweb.htm

This would give you a large snow moving capacity in a very small footprint. Pretty slick. A blower would not be difficult to fab for a SW-* or similar carrier, especially if you had access to a plasma cutting table to cut the ribbons and various parts of the blower fan. The other key pieces are the aux. engine, variable displacement piston pump (as shown), heavy duty right angle gearbox to apportion power between the ribbon and the fan, and various hoses, valves, filters plus a hyd. reservoir. I bet you could build one for less than $1500 if you scrounged on eBay. I built my 84" blower for under $1000, not including my time of course.

Whatever carrier you mounted it on will want to be able to travel very slow at times. Hydrostatic drive is the preferred transmission but other similarly low-geared mechanical transmission would do.

I saw a " Snowcat" type about 15 years ago that was a single/two seat machine with a snow blower/thrower. It was sidewalk size...~6ft wide blower...If anyone has any ideas on what manufactures made these I would appreciate it...Thanks for your time.