• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

4-position Momentary Switch for Hydraulic Controls

Manistee

One of the switches in the hydraulic control panel attached to the front of the driver's seat broke. In the attached photo, it is the center one in front that is leaning back. The switch is an Italian made 'Breter' joystick 4-position momentary switch, as are the other two joystick switches. I have checked around online and not yet been able to locate a reliable source for a replacement and am looking for suggestions for places who might have them.

Attachments

• IMG_20170325_193637913.jpg
    IMG_20170325_193637913.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_20191110_151322157.jpg
    IMG_20191110_151322157.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 362

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Make sure you check the length, so they fit your console also. Don’t remember if the hole is 22mm or 30mm so you would need to verify
Amazon has other also just search 4 way joystick switch

Last edited:

Manistee

Thank you Cidertom and MNoutdoors! I did several searches and could not find anything that looked right. All I found was large manufacturers with hundreds of switches to look through and no way to refine the search. Good points about checking hole diameter and length of the switch.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This F40 and F50 is more than 18.00

Attachments

• 477EC8D2-AA4C-4422-8647-81E9EEC100EA.jpg
    477EC8D2-AA4C-4422-8647-81E9EEC100EA.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 317
  • AE3B68B8-4EF1-469B-B65C-F1C395316007.jpg
    AE3B68B8-4EF1-469B-B65C-F1C395316007.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 319

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow! I should say so! Had no idea that working on my old DeLorean could be so expensive. I sorta figured it would not be real cheap but that is just crazy. LOL

wait till you have to replace the flux capacitor....

Manistee

I wonder if anyone may have an original Breter switch they would be willing to sell so I can keep this all original? Maybe someone removed the hydraulic system from their 'cat and no longer needs the switch(es).

The other idea, if an original style switch is not available, maybe it would be better to rebuild the entire switch arrangement, perhaps putting it in a location less likely to be sat on by someone getting into, or out of the driver's seat. Any suggestions? Have seen several multi-function joysticks, maybe one for the front 10-way blade and another to control the rear groomer?

BearGap

GOLD Site Supporter
How’s your quest going? Have had any luck choosing a replacement joystick? It seems like that might be the route to go if you can get one with the right dimensions for the console. I’ll bet all 3 controllers are ready to retire. I love your console because you have both rows of joysticks. I’m thinking of making one like it except I also need the planar blade 2-way controller on the front row left side.
Would you mind taking a few more pictures of the console. Here’s 2 drawings I got from Dr. Zaugg that you might find useful.
Thanks and good luck.

Does anyone have any 1450 hydraulic console pieces, parts, or even a bare empty console for sale? I’ve got cash I’d there’s anything out there I can use.
Thanks, Dan

Attachments

• 45C14046-DDCC-4BBC-A3D7-78DB2DE5CD57.jpg
    45C14046-DDCC-4BBC-A3D7-78DB2DE5CD57.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 872D68B7-DF1D-4CF3-90C7-52D0AE320A4D.jpg
    872D68B7-DF1D-4CF3-90C7-52D0AE320A4D.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 208

Manistee

How’s your quest going? Have had any luck choosing a replacement joystick? It seems like that might be the route to go if you can get one with the right dimensions for the console. I’ll bet all 3 controllers are ready to retire. I love your console because you have both rows of joysticks. I’m thinking of making one like it except I also need the planar blade 2-way controller on the front row left side.
Would you mind taking a few more pictures of the console. Here’s 2 drawings I got from Dr. Zaugg that you might find useful.
Thanks and good luck.

Does anyone have any 1450 hydraulic console pieces, parts, or even a bare empty console for sale? I’ve got cash I’d there’s anything out there I can use.
Thanks, Dan

Dan,
The quest has been stalled, I got lost looking through the online catalogs trying to find adequate replacements. None of the websites have a way to easily sort through their products and trying to read through hundreds of part descriptions just got too confusing.

I would be happy to take some pictures of the console, is there any particular view you would like?

Thank you for the drawings, have them already though, was very fortunate that my machine came with the full manual set and all the service records.