• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SW Question #3

W30bob

Hi Guys,

Ok, last one for now........what is this bracket that bolts to the side of the hull for? Looks to be some sort of clutch adjustment? I see the two bolts are in slotted holes, so that implies adjustability. Also, what is the function of the bent over ring part of the bracket........and why is it bent over? Is something supposed to go thru the hole when it's bent back.....or is it supposed to be bent?

Think I'll go easy on you guys today and save the rest for tomorrow.

Thanks,
bob

Attachments

• Forum3.jpg
    Forum3.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 174

W30bob

Thanks MN...........that actually sounds like a smart idea. I've accidentally started a tractor or two in gear and had to chase them around the yard. This one would certainly not be as much fun to deal with in that situation.

thanks again,
bob

W30bob

Hi Guys,

NEWSFLASH..............that bent over bracket is not for an interrupt switch..........it's for a stop/brake light switch. Guess they figured you'd have to push in the clutch to stop......so they put the switch there. I know this because I just got in my mailbox an original Parts Catalog for the SW48 that is amazingly detailed. Almost all the parts are photographed with very few illustrations. It has every nut, bolt and decal that's on the machine. The only bad thing is none of the parts have vendor's part numbers listed, only the Bombardier number. So no help in cross referencing parts. It also has all the update pages to the catalog from 1974 on, as the catalog was printed in 1973. It's a bit fragile, but if I can find some time I'll upload it to this site so everyone has access to it. I'll go thru it in more detail tonight.........and hope it has a wiring diagram.

:bolt:

regards,
bob