• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Well I'm a few hours behind the curve in time zones, but hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow and you spend time with family and friends!

Interior Alaska it is snowing and the roads are bad, but the news says it's like that down South where a lot of you live as well! Be safe in your travels and cherish your blessings!

Mark

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Mark.
Happy thanksgiving to you and yours and to all our member here.

Attachments

• HappyThanksgiving.jpg
    HappyThanksgiving.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 96

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope everybody has a good day. I am on house arrest till Monday so i will watch football and try not to get too worked up.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
A happy feast day to all.

We are doing something radically different this year. No family coming and we ain't goin' nowhere's. Just jelling at home with me, the wife and her Dad. A roaring fire in the fireplace and plans to let Cracker Barrel cook turkey dinner.

No fights, no unruly drunkards, no cops coming to tell us the party is over. And NO HOLIDAY DISHES TO WASH and put away for next season.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter

We are doing something radically different this year. No family coming and we ain't goin' nowhere's. Just jelling at home with me, the wife and her Dad. A roaring fire in the fireplace and plans to let Cracker Barrel cook turkey dinner.

No fights, no unruly drunkards, no cops coming to tell us the party is over. And NO HOLIDAY DISHES TO WASH and put away for next season.

Thatsounds like turky day around here.......Just Mom and I...:yum: I laugh when I think of what I would have given to have a turky day like that a few years ago!!!!!!!!:yum: but then we might have ended up with 6 or 8 girls insted of just 4!!!!!! we did get informed that grand child # 10 just might be in the {makin} a few seconds ago!!!!:unsure:

HAPPY TURKY DAY TO ALL.....and Mule...behave your self!!!!!!!

bilbo

Boring.............. You want that Catavenger and I should come over?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's supposed to be dry and sunny and ... COLD.

We'll be leaving about 11 am to drive to my wife's aunts place in Tyler, about 30 miles away, as we do every year. Her whole family and friends will be there. I haven't heard how many are expected but it's usually 25 or more. Sit around, eat too much and watch football. Not a beer to be had in that good Baptist household. I'll have to wait till we get home before I can have a tipple. :yum:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all you lot. I hope it's an enjoyable one.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy thanksgiving to all the early bird cooks out there preparing the meal.....:wink:

You know who you are!:flowers:

Regards, Kirk

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Thanksgiving!

Also just wifey and i this year at home all alone. Planning on nothing today!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got 13 or 14 coming over today to our house. The preparing has been going on for days.

The kitchen is in full flurry this morning . . . or is it full fury :ermm:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The directions on the turkey say to let it chill in the sink for a few hours! How are we doin so far?

chillturkey_zpsf96f5730.jpg

Kane

Ya' all have a happy Thanksgiving, and be certain to talk about the virtues of Obamacare. Make sure that the youngsters are shamed into signing up (but tell them don't all do it at once, or the website will crash).

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was just kicked out of the kitchen.

Apparently eating the food as it is being prepared is forbotten?

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
It's been a good day, met with my kids for dinner in Fairbanks and will go combat shopping with them tonight... Not a big fan of that, but I guess you need to stake out the different items that one wants to buy because at the "Bell", that stuff is gone in seconds!

Buying toys for the Christmas tree in Nenana for the kids that don't have much, so I will put up with the crowds! Yuck though for the shopping part, but get good stuff for the kids though.

Hope everyone had just an outstanding day!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Had a great day. We ate lots of turkey, watched the Packers/Lions on our new TV and dozed off in the recliner with the dog. :yum:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
As al most always happens around here....the day didnt go as planed!!! was helping Mom with the meal...came a knock at the door...little Billy was standing there with a note in his hand for Mom...wanted some spices.ect......Mom and Billy talked bit and he headed home..said he was a big boy and didnt need a ride..so I stood on the porch and watched until he turned into his drive.....went back into the house and Mom was a bluer of activity! peal some more spuds open some greanbeans.....more corn....get another pie out of the freazer ECT..........Ask what the hell was going on and was informed that those folks didnt have any thanks giving dinner and she wasnt going to let that happen!!!!!! Packed everything up and down the road we went....Mom knocked on their door and ask if we could have terky dinner with them andin we went.......spent the afternoon sitting on a 5 galon bucket..sitting around a wire spool...with 3 hungry vultures and their mother!!!! Those boys can put away some grub!!!!!!!!

Sitting there listening to those kids chatter and the wemen talk ....I remembered my dad saying to my mom.......where the hell do these kids put all that food.!!!!!

Growing up I always hatted tending the garden all summer....and sometimes working cattle late at night wasent what a young man wanted to be doing....but I dont remember a day that we went hungry or without cloths.....and the house was always warmand inviting.....and no matter the time of day there would be a pot of stew on the back of the stove...hot and ready...and hot coffy in the pot.....Maby those old growing up days wernt so bad after all.....I thank God my folks didnt wait for the welfare check ...They did for them selves and us kids!!!!!!! I dont think there was sush a thing as welfare back then....There sure as hell wasent no damed O-slimmy back then!!!!!!!

and that is how my day went.....sure like this recliner!!!!!

And I am real proud and thankful for the lady who married me!!!!!!!

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I kicked back and watched some football while wife did chores. Baked some home made chicken pot pies for our dinner and had a piece of pumpkin pie my Amish neighbor made me. Sitting around is giving me a back ache but it is better than being in the hospital. 3 more days of this to put up with. Beats getting shocked though.:w00t2:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I kicked back and watched some football while wife did chores. Baked some home made chicken pot pies for our dinner and had a piece of pumpkin pie my Amish neighbor made me. Sitting around is giving me a back ache but it is better than being in the hospital. 3 more days of this to put up with. Beats getting shocked though.:w00t2:
Ah, the simple pleasures Bill.

We did nothing all day but play with the new kitten. took day our for dinner at Cracker Barrel. $32.00 and used a gift card to pay for it.
No dishes to clean and put away.

Leftovers? I had two biscuits left over from CB for my breakfast. A dollup of frog jam and coffee.

Today's agenda? Play with the cat, find all the Christmas lights, and check them out for decorating the yard Saturday.

And to think, I could be busting my ass at the ranch.:whistling:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
As al most always happens around here....the day didnt go as planed!!! was helping Mom with the meal...came a knock at the door...little Billy was standing there with a note in his hand for Mom...wanted some spices.ect......Mom and Billy talked bit and he headed home..said he was a big boy and didnt need a ride..so I stood on the porch and watched until he turned into his drive.....went back into the house and Mom was a bluer of activity! peal some more spuds open some greanbeans.....more corn....get another pie out of the freazer ECT..........Ask what the hell was going on and was informed that those folks didnt have any thanks giving dinner and she wasnt going to let that happen!!!!!! Packed everything up and down the road we went....Mom knocked on their door and ask if we could have terky dinner with them andin we went.......spent the afternoon sitting on a 5 galon bucket..sitting around a wire spool...with 3 hungry vultures and their mother!!!! Those boys can put away some grub!!!!!!!!

Sitting there listening to those kids chatter and the wemen talk ....I remembered my dad saying to my mom.......where the hell do these kids put all that food.!!!!!

Growing up I always hatted tending the garden all summer....and sometimes working cattle late at night wasent what a young man wanted to be doing....but I dont remember a day that we went hungry or without cloths.....and the house was always warmand inviting.....and no matter the time of day there would be a pot of stew on the back of the stove...hot and ready...and hot coffy in the pot.....Maby those old growing up days wernt so bad after all.....I thank God my folks didnt wait for the welfare check ...They did for them selves and us kids!!!!!!! I dont think there was sush a thing as welfare back then....There sure as hell wasent no damed O-slimmy back then!!!!!!!

and that is how my day went.....sure like this recliner!!!!!

And I am real proud and thankful for the lady who married me!!!!!!!
The explanation is simple. There was a time when Americans were allowed to perform Christian charity. As you and your Missus just performed.

Now, the Gubmint is competing for the job. And doing it badly.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
My knee still isn't up to a lot of standing around in the kitchen - turns out standing still is harder than walking - so for the
first time in many years we did Thanksgiving dinner out. Not as good as we do at home (IMO) but a heck of a lot easier on
the body. No leftovers for today, :sad: but no mess to clean up either. :clap:

The remainder of this year's holiday season will be purchased rather than done at home (they're doing my next knee on
December 16) but things will get back to normal next year.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Hang in there DS...it gets better.....Mom gets her right knee done on the 3rd of Dec.....last year she had the left one done and was up and going in a few days.....then 2 weeks ago she was out in the yard and her right knee poped and down she went....took her in to the doc..and it was set for the 3rd....
we feel for ya ...take care and get healed soon.......I had been scedualed for wrist cutting on the 2nd of dec.....but had to put that off till she is recuped...hopeing for feb on me..... and the fun keeps coming!!!!:biggrin: