• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Truth is stranger than fiction

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We all hear of obscure studies which seem to be a total waste of money ....this one takes the cake:

Feds Spend $1.5 million to Study Obese Lesbians

By Todd Starnes

The National Institutes of Health awarded a Boston hospital more than $1.5 million to figure out why nearly three-quarters of lesbians are overweight — calling the disparities a significant public health issue.

“It is now well-established that women of minority sexual orientation are disproportionately affected by the obesity epidemic, with nearly three-quarters of adult lesbians overweight or obese, compared to half of heterosexual women,” according to a description of the grant.

The taxpayer money was awarded to Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston to study the relationship between sexual orientation and obesity. The project is overseen by S. Bryn Austin.

The grant was awarded through the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. The hospital received a 2011 grant worth $778,622 and a 2012 grant worth $778,622.

According to the NIH grant, the project’s end date is in 2016.

“When you look at a nation that’s $17 trillion in debt – there’s a reason. It’s because we do frivolous studies that serve no benefit other than to give a special interest group something to talk about,” he told Fox News. “Why are we issuing grants to study things that have no affect on the well-being of the nation as a whole?”

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/feds-spend-1-5-million-to-study-obese-lesbians.html

Kane

That much money just to find out that fat dykes prefer being on the bottom? Who'd of guessed?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
That much money just to find out that fat dykes prefer being on the bottom? Who'd of guessed?

I'd like a try at saving them some time and money too.

They're not fat because they're lesbians, they're lesbians because they're fat. You figure it out. :wink:

Put that $1.5 million in my account.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd like a try at saving them some time and money too.

They're not fat because they're lesbians, they're lesbians because they're fat. You figure it out. :wink:

Put that $1.5 million in my account.
Best answer yet. You can expect your 1.5 million after you write up your conclusions in 50 pages.

RedRocker

Lets see, they can cut white house tours & military education assistance, but we gotta know about fat lesbians. What kind of people elect these feckless fools?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am a brave old fart. I would have done a thorough investigation for less than 100K!:brows: