• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Reality moment - the dark side of Steve Jobs...

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Though I admired his genuis for coming with ideas for technologies that are simple enough for even a child to understand I wouldn't own an apple product. I might add I was given the Apple 1 kit as a gift before their was a real company. That is the only Apple product I've ever owned. This has all been a matter of record for a since Apple became a company, just talk to Bill Gates.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
There's a whole lot of truth in that article Grizzer. Over the years I've known and worked with Apple employees and worked for companies that partnered with Apple.

Jobs was arrogant and had a scary cult like following. He helped guide the company in making nice clean easy to use products but I don't think he was all that great.

grizzer

yeppers - thats why I posted it.

I've worked for companies all around Apple but NEVER wanted to work there.

The Apple stuff has quirks as with anything else. The IPad release without any printer drivers was a hoot! I've never been impressed enough to buy anything, but then I'm not big on entertainment or publishing.

That being said The new smartphone IPhone 4S with text to audio message reader will probably temp me to buy one.

Apple Zombie convert after all these years!

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I use an Android phone and Windows based system wouldn't have it any other way.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I've developed two websites that are focused totally on the iPad and iPhone. I feel that it's like developing for IE6. The compatibility is sketchy and the documentation is really weak.

I'm going to try and write an iPad app soon just for the experience - I'm not really looking forward to it. ;)

I've had tons of Apple products over the years and have developed apps for Macs and been called an Apple Expert. I'm still not a fan of the company - Job's arrogance trickled down into how they treat their developers and customers.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I dealt with a lot of software/hardware companies in the 9 years I worked for Dade County Public Schools. If I called Microsoft and identified myself we could get most anything we needed from a full donation to minimal charge. This included computers to support the software. Now Apple never returned a single call to the 3rd largest school district in the US hence within 2 years the vanished from all class rooms.