• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

M18 Milwaukee Grease Gun

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
With the excavator, tractor and ZTR to grease I finally upgraded to a battery operated grease gun.

I bought the Milwaukee 2646-20 M18 2-Spd Grease Gun Bare Tool since I already had the M18 batteries. I used it for the 2nd time today, it sure is a time saver and makes the greasing task so much easier on my old hands. The excavator has more grease points than the tractor and ZTR put together and it needs greased every six hours of operation so this is the right tool for the job. Simply awesome.

Attachments

• MilwaukeeGreaseGun.JPG
    MilwaukeeGreaseGun.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 30

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a Lincoln that was great. If it ever croaked the plan was to get the Milwaukee since almost everything else battery operated is M18.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
my batterys are dewalt I chose a dewalt it has served me well. the last one I would buy is the Lincoln they have crappy batterys only good for their tool and are known for stripping out gears. all are better than the old pump type gun and far more powerful than the pneumatic guns

Bannedjoe

I tried adapting to the battery powertool lifestyle.
It started with a Makita 7.5V cordless drill.
It worked, and worked and worked, and would probably still work today if the batteries hadn't become obsolete as the voltage standards changed.
Then came 9V.
Then came 12 Volt. I changed again.

Now we're at 18.

I have a whole shitboatload of ryobi 18V stuff, and recently bought into the Milwaukee M18 shit because they have an electric pop rivet gun that I needed.

What's next? 24V, 30V, when will it fucking end?
Do I have to buy new tools every few years because of this redundancy?

If they change it up one more time, I'm going back to power corded stuff.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
my batterys are dewalt I chose a dewalt it has served me well. the last one I would buy is the Lincoln they have crappy batterys only good for their tool and are known for stripping out gears. all are better than the old pump type gun and far more powerful than the pneumatic guns

Never had trouble with the Lincoln but its used only once or twice a month. I replaced one battery and if another quit an M18 would replace it.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I got this for Christmas and it will be worth it just to grease my '01 Chevy P/U and I'll use it to grease the 4 zerks on the Dixon mower if for nothing else to justify buying it.
Mike

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great grease gun for sure. Over the years we have had 3 Alomite rechargeable grease guns, and they are good as well, except they use a unique to them NiCad battery packs that cost as much as the guns them selves. One suffers from a power switch failure after 25 years..
I got the Milwaukee gun as part of a sales promotion and quickly it has become a favorite.. The low speed high pressure setting will pop most rusty and plugged zerk's, something I had never had before.

Most Lincoln( I like the company ) grease guns I see are on the owners bench top in a corner torn down with stripped out plastic gearsets. Long ago I decided to avoid those...

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I just wish Milwaukee tools were made in Milwaukee and not China.

I have more than a few M18 tools, I like them all but I think about that every time I pick one up.

At least my Klein tools are still made in 'Merica, right Jim? :clap:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I have more than a few M18 tools, I like them all but I think about that every time I pick one up.

China!!!????? Shit. I did not realize that. :hide:

Bamby

Now all you need is this:
greasecoup_470x.jpeg

We are so confident that you'll love your LockNLube® products that you have 30 days to try them out risk-free. If you aren't completely satisfied, return them for a full refund. No strings attached.

Should you proceed to purchase this critter you'll wonder how you've managed to go without one.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
China!!!????? Shit. I did not realize that. :hide:

Nowhere does it say Made in the USA on ANY of my M18 tools and mine date back to 2012 which is soon after this line of M18 Fuel tools was introduced. Usually if something is made in the USA, it says so. My experience anyway.

Not sure about the newer batteries as I am still using the original batteries that are now 8 years old and on the bottom it reads: "Made in Korea, with further processing in China." That tells me the parts are made in Korea and the batteries are assembled, packaged and shipped in China.

I have just assumed all along the tool is China as well. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now all you need is this:
greasecoup_470x.jpeg

We are so confident that you'll love your LockNLube® products that you have 30 days to try them out risk-free. If you aren't completely satisfied, return them for a full refund. No strings attached.

Should you proceed to purchase this critter you'll wonder how you've managed to go without one.
Got it at same time I bought the grease gun. :thumb:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Yep all my Klein is made here. Milwaukee not so much anymore. Techtronic Industries in Hong Kong bought Milwaukee in 2008. Some of my M18 says China, most doesnt say anything. The books that came with my impact wrenches and hammer drill say printed in China.

Unlike many things from China the Milwaukee products continue to be top quality.

Attachments

• 93228906-04B3-459B-8437-0D15460D5F34.jpeg
    93228906-04B3-459B-8437-0D15460D5F34.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 13
  • D9A60FA5-E793-479C-B67C-FA4FE5349ED4.jpeg
    D9A60FA5-E793-479C-B67C-FA4FE5349ED4.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 13
  • C7579427-A699-451D-AF76-BB1A8E5AAB4A.jpeg
    C7579427-A699-451D-AF76-BB1A8E5AAB4A.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 13
  • B70B50A1-9676-4B80-9CB5-01438E20541E.jpeg
    B70B50A1-9676-4B80-9CB5-01438E20541E.jpeg