• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stormy Daniels' legal fund could be targeted in case against attorney Avenatti

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Stormy Daniels' legal fund could be targeted in case against attorney Avenatti
By Brooke Singman | Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...rgeted-in-case-against-attorney-avenatti.html

Adult film star Stormy Daniels could become entangled in the legal controversies surrounding her attorney Michael Avenatti, as a lawyer seeks millions in legal fees from his firm -- potentially including money raised for Daniels' case.

Last month, a federal bankruptcy court ordered Eagan Avenatti to pay $10 million to attorney Jason Frank, who used to work at the firm and claimed the company stiffed him on the first installment of a $4.85 million settlement.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Frank has since asked a bankruptcy judge to give him access to all legal fees (up to $10 million) the firm could collect from clients in dozens of cases, including Daniels' bid to nix a nondisclosure agreement concerning an alleged sexual encounter with President Trump.

That reportedly could put the money raised through a crowdfunding site in the crosshairs.

Avenatti and Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, set up a crowdfunding website for her lawsuit and legal fees in March. More than 16,500 people have donated to Daniels and Avenatti—reaching more than $577,000, according to CrowdJustice, which runs the fund.

But Avenatti told Fox News on Wednesday that “under no circumstances” could Frank obtain Daniels’ funds, as Eagan Avenatti, LLP “has never represented” her.

“Eagan Avenatti, LLP has never represented Ms. Clifford,” Avenatti told Fox News in an email. “Eagan Avenatti, LLP has never had any retention agreement with Ms.Clifford…Ms. Clifford never hired Eagan Avenatti, LLP…Eagan Avenatti, LLP is not entitled to any fees from Ms. Clifford…and Eagan Avenatti, LLP has no right to any fees raised from Crowdjustice.com.”

Avenatti added: “The motion is meritless.”

Daniels is represented by Avenatti and Associates, according to court documents obtained by Fox News.

Frank did not respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

Avenatti is representing Daniels in a case against former Trump Organization attorney Michael Cohen and Trump. Cohen paid Daniels $130,000 in the days leading up to the 2016 presidential election in exchange for her silence over a one-time sexual encounter with Trump in 2006 that the president denies.

Cohen is now under criminal investigation as part of a grand jury probe into his personal business dealings.

But Avenatti’s personal business dealings have come under scrutiny in recent months. Fox News confirmed last month that Avenatti was under investigation by the California State Bar over allegations related to his stewardship of the bankrupt Tully’s Coffee chain. The ownership group, Global Baristas LLC faced a lien for unpaid federal taxes worth approximately $5 million.

Avenatti has also claimed that the tax lien in question "is related to an entity that was owned by another company that I used to have an interest in." He told Fox News, "At no point in time was I ever responsible for any taxes for Global Baristas US LLC, nor was I ever a member of that entity, nor did I own any direct interest in that entity."

Court records detail Avenatti’s extravagant lifestyle, with monthly expenses running to about $40,000. He’s a noted collector of watches and artwork, uses a private jet to travel, and leases expensive cars, his wife claimed in case documents. Lisa Storie-Avenatti has suggested he was avoiding their divorce proceedings.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Didn't really know which thread to put this in, so I picked this one. It seems Stormy was arrested last night in Columbus, Ohio while performing at a strip club here in town. Of course her mouthpiece says it is just a political ploy, but the law is the law and it looks like she stepped over the line. Read more about it here

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Didn't really know which thread to put this in, so I picked this one. It seems Stormy was arrested last night in Columbus, Ohio while performing at a strip club here in town. Of course her mouthpiece says it is just a political ploy, but the law is the law and it looks like she stepped over the line. Read more about it here

:th_lmao:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I think some of the liberal rags are calling it a sting.

Did the undercover cop bait her? I doubt it. So if the cop was not there, would she have done that to someone else? Probably.
Even a drug deal gone bad is still called a sting.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Did the undercover cop bait her? I doubt it. So if the cop was not there, would she have done that to someone else? Probably.
Even a drug deal gone bad is still called a sting.

Apparently it was not one cop,... it was three

"When officers witnessed those activities, three detectives approached the stage. Daniels allegedly made her way toward two detectives, leaned over and grabbed their faces. She shoved each of their faces between her breasts, court documents said.

She fondled a third officer’s buttocks and breasts, according to the documents. Daniels was one of three people arrested at the club, but it’s unclear who the other two were.

Takes a certain type of brave or stupid to fondle cops in a strip club.

Her attorney Michael Avenatti, via Twitter, said this was all a political setup and Stormy is NOT GUILTY...."

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, they were dismissed even before her arraignment hearing which was supposed to be tomorrow.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
The Feds are stepping in under maritime law. Apparently there was some illegal motorboating … :5boobs::boobies::moon::yum:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems all the charges have been dropped.
Gee, do you think the show will go on tonight??
:yum:

If it does, there will be no "motor boating" Ohio again. :5boobs:

That's a for sure!

You have to wonder why the dropped the charges, since to touch is against the law. Two of the three arresting officers had already been "booby wacked":th_lmao: before the arrest. I suppose as an officer, your not supposed to do that! :yum:

Regards, Kirk