• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Comey's weaselly tweet on the IG report

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
June 14, 2018
By Thomas Lifson
A
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/06/comeys_weaselly_tweet_on_the_ig_report.html

James Comey tried to get in front of the I.G. report with a tweet sent around the time the report was made publicly available. He knew exactly what it was going to say because he had the opportunity to dispute and probably edit or even cut portions dealing with him.

James Comey

@Comey
I respect the DOJ IG office, which is why I urged them to do this review. The conclusions are reasonable, even though I disagree with some. People of good faith can see an unprecedented situation differently. I pray no Director faces it again. Thanks to IG’s people for hard work.
2:28 PM - Jun 14, 2018

This is classic Comey, grabbing control with the role of initiator of the project and calling the conclusions reasonable. Not attacking the I.G.'s office, but thanking it. They are people of good faith. Such a nice, honest man, what we used to call a Boy Scout back when we had the Boy Scouts.

But of course, we're all so reasonable that we concede that Comey is of good faith, too, and people of good faith can "see an unprecedented situation differently."

Instead of the subject of serious criticism – insubordination is a big deal! – after an exhaustive investigation, Comey establishes himself as an equal to the I.G., and he just sees things differently, as reasonable people do.

It hit me today who James Comey reminds me of: Eddie Haskell.

Eddie Haskell was a character on Leave It to Beaver, a 1950s television series. Wikipedia describes his character:

Eddie Haskell was the smart-mouthed best-friend of Wally Cleaver. The character, played in the original series by Ken Osmond, has become a cultural reference, recognized as an archetype for insincere sycophants. Ward Cleaver once remarked that "[Eddie] is so polite, it's almost un-American".

Eddie was known for his neat grooming – hiding his shallow and sneaky character. Typically, Eddie would greet his friends' parents with overdone good manners and often a compliment such as, "That's a lovely dress you're wearing, Mrs. Cleaver." However, when no parents were around, Eddie was always up to no good – either conniving with his friends or picking on Wally's younger brother, Beaver. Eddie's duplicity was also exemplified in his efforts to curry favor by trying to talk to adults at the level he thought they would respect, such as referring to their children as Theodore (Beaver's much-disliked given name) and Wallace, even though the parents called them Beaver and Wally.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=6nvclk4p6Wo"]Eddie Haskell BS Mrs. Cleaver - YouTube[/ame]
A

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
June 14, 2018
By Thomas Lifson
A
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/06/comeys_weaselly_tweet_on_the_ig_report.html

James Comey tried to get in front of the I.G. report with a tweet sent around the time the report was made publicly available. He knew exactly what it was going to say because he had the opportunity to dispute and probably edit or even cut portions dealing with him.

This is classic Comey, grabbing control with the role of initiator of the project and calling the conclusions reasonable. Not attacking the I.G.'s office, but thanking it. They are people of good faith. Such a nice, honest man, what we used to call a Boy Scout back when we had the Boy Scouts.

But of course, we're all so reasonable that we concede that Comey is of good faith, too, and people of good faith can "see an unprecedented situation differently."

Instead of the subject of serious criticism – insubordination is a big deal! – after an exhaustive investigation, Comey establishes himself as an equal to the I.G., and he just sees things differently, as reasonable people do.

It hit me today who James Comey reminds me of: Eddie Haskell.

Eddie Haskell was a character on Leave It to Beaver, a 1950s television series. Wikipedia describes his character:

Eddie Haskell BS Mrs. Cleaver - YouTube
A

If Eddie were a real person, he would likely be suing for defamation over this invidious comparison to Comey!

Last edited:

rugerman

Comey knows that his butt is in a sling, he is just trying to make folks think that it wasn’t his fault, yeah right.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The only thing wrong with this picture is that the stooge isn't looking through a set of bars as he is answering his interviewer.

Fumbling Bureau of Ineptitude.