• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The official beverage thread

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
So come on then guys, whats your favourite beverage?
Worst youve ever tasted?
Most like rats urine?
Most like liguid gold (only not as hot :eek: )?
Alcoholic, non-alco?
Best for tractoring, best for lounging (or as I call it, bumming out :rolleyes: )
Best for spilling on the carpet?
Most expensive, most addictive, worst staining, most obscene colour?
Most outragous/most obscure/strangest?
Lets hear it! :D

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
As I stated earlier, my current preffered drink is Makers Mark with a splash of mineral water. For the long term though, I am still committed to my Single Malt Scotch.

The worst ever? When I was in China 4 years ago, I bought a bottle of some "native" booze from a street vendor. There was a gentleman from Amsterdam in our tour group, and he and I sat down for a few drinks that evening. We poured a couple shot glasses and toasted our good health......luckily we both decided to sniff it before drinking, because it was the most gods awful, vomit inducing headache causeing spleen rupturing liver hardening bowel loosening eye watering paint removing engine starting horse piss garbage I have ever been near. I think this stuff should have been the subject of a Superfund cleanup, and regulated by the SALT II treaty.

Of course.....we both then took a sip......

...and then poured the rest in the bottle, and handed it to the nearest attendand, and told him to keep it. He couldn't have been happier!!!

The stuff was crystal clear, and cost about $1.50US for the entire bottle.

I truely think it was pure distilled methanol.

Dave

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't beat Dave's story for rot gut so I won't even try.

Drink of choice for my house is a nice late harvest Reisling. We drink about 2 bottles a week. Its a simple, cheap white wine that is slightly sweet, not to acidic, and very easy to drink. Goes great with sushi, spicy oriental foods, and not to bad with lamb or burgers. Seve[size=-1]r[/size]al brands are very good. My favorite is the multi award winning New Mexico Reisling from Ponderosa Vinyards, it is expensive at about $12/bottle, I have several cases of it :p . Much easier to obtain and nearly as good is Columbia Winery's Reisling, I pick it up at the local supermarket, it is modestly expensive at about $8/bottle. Chateau St Michele is also a good Reisling and easily drinkable.

An honest go goodness very close second in my book is the wine that RonJHall makes at home, it is a slightly sweet white, not too dissimilar from Reislings but not with spicyness of the [size=-1]Gewürztraminer wines (which are also worth trying).[/size]

Personal advice is to stay away from the 'dry' Reislings, they have totally different character.

Now bear in mind I am not a wine nut, I just drink what I like. I find the Merlots and other heavy wines to be like sipping syrup.

As for a saturday afternoon beverage, I can drink just about any brand of beer but would generally choose a Corona or Amstel if given the choice. Mike's Hard Lemonade is very good too.

OkeeDon

I drink Diet Pepsi. Since my heart problems, I drink Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi about 2:1 over regular Diet Pepsi. I drink Diet Pepsi for breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening snacks. I carry Diet Pepsi with me on the tractor. I do not drink beer or any hard spirits. I do not drink coffee or tea, even iced tea. I do not drink milk. I do not drink much water. I drink Diet Pepsi.

If I really want a change, I'll drink a glass or two of Sam's Club Lemonade With Pulp at lunchtime. Because it has 130 calories per 8 oz serving, when I do have it, I don't eat any other lunch.

Every evening, I have a small glass of red wine, because my wife read an article that said it's good for the heart. We like any of several brands of Shiraz. When we do, rarely, drink a white wine, we like Pinot Grigio. One of the ones we like best is Golden Gate, a low-end, non-distinguished brand that sells for $2.50 to $2.99 on sale. We like it because it's slightly sweet and our taste is not sophisticated enough for dryer wines. I did recently purchase a small, 9 bottle wine cooler and find that all of the wine we drink is better when slightly chilled. Seems that "room temperature" for most wines is not really the 80 degrees F or so that our rooms typically enjoy.

But mostly, I drink Diet Pepsi. between 1 and 2 of the 2-liter bottles every day, which is cut down from the 3 2-liter bottles I used to consume per day.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang Mith... You have a lot of things to consider there.

Morning coffee - strong, black and nothing fancy.

If I'm drinking an adult beverage, I normally stick to beer. I drink Miller Lite or MGD if I'm puttering at the same time or have things to do later. I have Canadian beer (Labatts or Molson's) if I'm in pure lounge mode (as they've got a lot higher alcohol content). If I venture from beer, it's normally a good port but that's just in the winter as it seems to warm you up.

Very rarily do I drink a carbonated beverage but when I do, it's normally Coke or 7-Up.

I drink a lot of water, Gatorade, Iced Tea and occasionally, lemonade.

Now, a couple thoughts from your criteria.
Worst staining is whatever the kids drink. Seems like anything they spill causes stains.

Related, but not specifically listed is that I recycle alumimum cans. One of the worse smells there is has got to be opening the lid of the can when it's pretty much full but has been baking in the sun for days. The mix of beer, Coke... that's fermented will make you gag.

Brian

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
it before drinking, because it was the most gods awful, vomit inducing headache causeing spleen rupturing liver hardening bowel loosening eye watering paint removing engine starting horse piss garbage I have ever been near. Dave

Isn't that stuff made by old ladies that sit around and chew it up and then spit it in a big bowl! :D

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If they had a dietcoke anoymous for folks addited to the stuff, I'd have to be a member. I drink a couple a day on a light day.

For alcoholic beverage, I prefer beer. Bud Light (saves a few calroies) ...but I also like to go to brew pubs and tip a few of the local brew. Don't do that as often as I used to.

Now more often to spice things up we have a bit of Jagermeister with our beer. Drink it straight, no red bull or any other crap in it. Chase it with a cold beer while sitting around the camp fire. Makes for a nice evening.

I have no idea the name of the wine but we had one that sat around to long and went bad. It was a burgandy. Whew did it taste bad. It would win the worst I've ever tasted award.

I like white wine okay, but like bob i prefer the slightly sweet over dry. Dry tastes horrible to me. I suppose it's an acquired taste ....much like scotch.

While in the service (Navy) we were overseas and the beer was bad, very bad. I aquired the taste for scotch then. For special occasions I'll still have a chivas regal or makers mark on the rocks or with a bit of water. ...but those occasions are not even once a year here of late.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, I have about 2 mixed drinks/year.

Today, I had a "hankering" for one but couldn't find anything to make one. After digging around a bit, I found a bottle of Tanqueray and some ginger ale. Nothing I ever heard of before (mixing the two) but thought I'd give it a shot. It came out nice... so I had a 2nd.

Oh well, put the gin back in the basement and save the bottle for next year (and years thereafter)... It doesn't go bad, does it?

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Chocolate milk...................

If I could only drink one alcoholic beverage it would be Reunite Lambrusco, a very inexpensive red semi-sweet wine that goes with just about anything.

Other regulars are................

Strong coffee (From my stint in Loozyanna)
Bottled lemon water
Ice tea
Micelob Ultra or Miller Lite
Margarita (traditional)
Chamborah (straight on ice after a good meal)
Wild Turkey (with a lil water or lots of ice)
Moonshine brandy (anytime, anywhere, anybody.....prefer peach)

Roughest drink was when I did a 5 week work stint in Itajba, Brazil. Got caught off guard by a very strong cerveza (brazilian rum) straight.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Saturday afternoons its usually a beer or 2. Lately its been the fairly new on the market "Bud select". Some evenings I get out the Captain morgan"private stock" mixed with diet pepsi & alot of ice.............I let the ice melt awhile & it goes down really smooth..............a perfect muscle relaxer after an active day.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Coffee, number one. Drink it all day long. Before bed, have one last cup.
Gatorade, number two......mix our own, cheaper that way and we can mix it stonger
Clear carbonated anything. number three.

Most restaurant coffees are too weak for my taste, but then I use 1.5 the reccomended amounts. :beer:

Eric L

Site Supporter
Bringing this thread back from the dark ages...

In the morning on weekends or while at work... coffee, black and strong
Most of the rest of the time... Coors light, or whatever beer is cold or free (I really, really like cold,free beer)
out and about, like at a restaraunt... Corona or pale to medium ale
If I really feel like partying.... Margarita, 1800, on the rocks with salt.

my stomach can only take about 1 soda a day, and I'd probly die of thirst before I'd willingly drink a diet anything.

If I'm on the road I'll drink Rockstar or Monster... or truckstop/gas station coffee...Yummy

Eric

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
In the winter mornings - coffee
All other working hours - diet coke, or, Arizona Diet Green Tea.

After work - MaCallum 18, Casta Pasion Tequila, and just about any $20 and up Cabernet.

I'm just a simple guy.

P

Pigtails

Well, In the mornings I drink alot of coffee. I have been trying, ugh, to drink at least 3 or 4 glasses of water a day. I know, I've read about the "dirty water" thing, but I get so thirsty I have to drink something other than coffee. Now in the evenings, I REALLY like my 'bud light". :burp: But guess what..The doctor told me I'd better quit for awhile.. Seems my liver is doing it's thing.. darn.. Oh well. And life goes on.(barely)

mak2

I like coffee, diet coke and whiskey and beer. I would not drink tea if my guts were on fire.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Beverages of choice are as follows..(with no specific order of preference)

"Liberty School" Cabernet (Merlot a close 2nd)
"Bud".....LOL (For me)
"Jack Daniels" with coke (also for me) although the wife likes her "Manhatten" with Jack
"Absolut" cosmo

Maxwell House "Bold" in the AM

A variety of teas dependant on the mood

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Dr. Rum every evening for my illness . Wine is just a grape that rotted ....

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Life is good. Black coffee in the am. V8 juice for a snack drink during the day. I now have to drink the wife's share of the bud light in the evening. Life is good. :cool2: :burp:

griz

There is no life before C-O-F-F-E-E
There’s coffee Black
There’s coffee with cream
There’s coffee with sugar
There’s coffee with cream & sugar
There’s coffee with creamer
There’s coffee with honey
There’s coffee with brown sugar
There’s coffee with whiskey
There’s coffee with Kailua
There’s coffee with Baileys
There's Moose Drool (Local Beer)
Yeah thats about it

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I drink tea (rarely) with no milk or sugar and sometimes a slice of lemon - quite refreshing when thirsty, like most of the people on this thread, my main drink is coffee, usually black, but sometimes a cappucino or similar. Alcoholic drinks are mostly whisky (neat - that is with nothing in it other than whiskly - why mutilate a good drink?), I prefer Irish whisky, but will happily drink Scotch. Wine mostly red, but sometimes white, but it must be dry, can't stand sickly sweet! Ugh! Gin and tonic, ice and a slice of lemon is very good as a long cool drink in the summer, autumn, winter and spring! Can't stand beer, but don't mind a dry cider! HATE coke and most other 'modern' fizzy drinks, not that keen on water either unless it has ice and a slice of lemon (or two). Well Mith, what do you drink?

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Me?

Lots and lots of tea, coffee if I'm too lazy to make tea. A nice Ale goes down well too. :D

mak2

Its Miller time, I just got home from work and the Colts are playing Monday night football, I told them at work not to even look for me till after 8 am.

Jen's Jeep

Site Supporter
I agree with Griz...there is no life before coffee:D

I like my diet Pepsi during the day.
I like hot cocoa with peppermint schnapps when it's cold.

And I recently discovered hard apple cider from two of our local breweries:burp: yummy!!!

Glenn9643

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A pot of strong coffee every morning.
An occasional glass of iced tea with lemon.
George Dickel over ice most evenings, but occasionally Miller Lite instead.

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
Coffee, coffee and more coffee. Sometimes a good ol' Pepsi. I'm an alcoholic with 5+ years sober. :cool2: