• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
East Texas is in for a chill too. It's going to be below freezing tonight and really below freezing tomorrow night. The wind is howling so the wind chill is going to be pretty bad. I think that I'll just stay inside. There isn't anything I need to be doing out there that can't wait until later in the week when it starts to warm up again.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like we're going to be getting some snow. I better move the plow truck up to the house
c65d5da601ce3e633cad7c0b6a14dad6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yawn. It's 5am in the sticks when these were taken. It's still coming down. My wife and kids need to get out. Hopefully the buses aren't canceled. I love the first actual snowfall. It's like mother nature's reset button making everything new and fresh.
4375ae3c04ebfa5dbb981d5b2949f373.jpg
fb28310adb58549dfa4d384eaa76e798.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
And just like that, it was winter. Lol

I went out at 6am to plow. Just came in. Our road is plowed and sanded already. It's only -1 celcius so this snow is heavy and wet and very slippery slippery

d8fde929e7fcb274c2fe51af49cb67a0.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Hide the women and children.
There's a big wind storm coming tomorrow.
It's all they're talking about around here.
By Thanksgiving day, it's supposed to be a downer for Macy's parade.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're supposed to be getting 6-12 cm of snow starting tomorrow into Sunday. Hopefully it's not like the last storm that produced like a politician. A lot of hype and promises leading up to it but not a lot of action.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So far this storm has been like Trudeau's election promises. Just a bit of wind and not much else.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
More Duluth Minnesota. That's a plow truck.

34875257952c6117b2b4789e9c48b9db.jpg

a67c321dd5607dfdbafc5d316bf3bd53.jpg

Last edited:

Bannedjoe

I haven't heard of snows like that in MN for years.
It wasn't that many winters ago my buddy in Brainerd complained of no snow to ride his snowmobiles on.

I remember many many years ago sinking in snow banks up to my nose.
Of course that might have been because I was a kid and barely 3 feet tall. ;)

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The weather man has had too much spiked eggnog this Christmas. They were calling for 6-12 cm tomorrow a few days ago then downgraded to 3-6 followed by 2-4 cms with nothing tonight. Now we're back to 5-10 cms by morning but the funny thing is that there's no storm clouds heading this way on the radar. Oh. And +3 celcius? Normally we're sitting at about -20 this time of year.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Mother nature is on her period. +2 and freaking rain. Nice sloppy mess outside. I'm used to about 2 feet of snow and a Christmas deep freeze of -25. This in between half rain half snow sucks. I mean, if it's winter, then give me 3 feet of snow so I can go out and enjoy it. None of this half assed crap.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
58 degrees F. here yesterday and more of same the next few days. I'm loving it. I'm normally in the snow / rain mix mess. Haven't seen 3 ft of snow since ....well, I can't remember when. LOL

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Here comes a doozy. It's supposed to snow starting tomorrow into Tuesday. We get a lot of our storms coming up from Colorado. Guess I'll be outside today getting ready for the big dump. The plow truck is ready to go. I have to bring the snow blower to town to leave at the house that's still for sale so I can just go there and clean up on Tuesday.
975b234ab3cdd36de46cdbe5e401c19f.jpg
18758c0c849350b47d6c75aaa522bca5.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's one hell of a storm. Heading straight for us. Snow is starting in 60 minutes. I'm prepping to be housebound for a few days digging out from a blizzard. Calling for up to 60 cms by Tuesday. I'll have our yard cleared up with the plow but the roads may be closed anyway for a day or so.
44c5d5587ca8bbffd48663013afc0b7f.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're in round 2 of the blizzard. Further south, you guys are getting rain. Here its snow. I was considering making a quick trip to the city this morning but whatever I need can wait.
9aaeb71485faea3de773faa608afb0c9.jpg
ff0a680c3faa16d23bea5a3003b8c7ab.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
20191230_081756.jpg

The rain stopped, now it's just the wind.
No snow expected until next week.
I've got a feeling we're going to get slammed.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I spent 2 hours plowing yesterday. Blew a brake hose on the plow truck. Got a replacement. Came to town to get one. Started clearing the driveway at our old house with the snowblower. Blew a belt. Picked one of those up. This afternoon I will be in the garage changing it and installing the new hose on the plow truck. It's snowing again. Calling for another 20 cm tonight.
67d9f88fdc55788207ad426971d31564.jpg
3b3287f55b6a3c6263efa588581848fc.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The first wave of snow tapered off enough for me to plow. Now it's turning to freezing rain and ice. But may turn back to snow heavy at times throughout the night. Round 3 of plowing tomorrow possibly. Other than a rusted brake line leaking badly it didn't miss a beat.

I'm enjoying plowing. It brings me back to my trail grooming days. I rather enjoy being outdoors in the winter pushing snow around.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's snowing and blowing here.
2-3 inches they say before it's over.
As long as no one hits the mailboxes again.
Lol
20191231_073536.jpg