• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good grief, Lenny!
I was looking at your Facebook photos the other day.
You've rubbed shoulders with a lot of people from the political world.
Some very famous ones.
:smile:

Well, I got my domestic duties done.
Now I can finally relax.
The evening is going to be a giant crossword puzzle and I think I saw Hitchcock's The Birds is playing on Airy.Tv

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks GREAT!!! I hope the salon owner takes up Kristi's offer and makes a LOT of money. AND I hope Kristi runs for President in 2024!

I hope Erica moves. One of the best places to run a small business in the Country.

2024 would be a great time for Kristi to run. She would have my vote!

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I hope Erica moves. One of the best places to run a small business in the Country.

2024 would be a great time for Kristi to run. She would have my vote!

That comment was made to her this evening but she didn't say one way or the other if she would run....we'll see

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Well since Lenny stole my girlfriend, I tied down the trailer today and also tied down the solar panel frames on top the container. Tomorrow a few more things go in the container then chain it down and I am ready to go.

Attachments

• IMG_1193.jpg
    IMG_1193.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 89

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Since the weather today is perfect, I took a long walk over to the park.
Also got my results back from my 5th covid testing.
Negative again.
I must be doing something right.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Since the weather today is perfect, I took a long walk over to the park.
Also got my results back from my 5th covid testing.
Negative again.
I must be doing something right.

Sorry you’ve had to take so many tests but happy for your results.

I won’t say be safe because I know thats exactly what you’re doing.

Jim

Sorry for the recycled post. I don’t know what else to say.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry you’ve had to take so many tests but happy for your results.

I won’t say be safe because I know thats exactly what you’re doing.

Jim

Sorry for the recycled post. I don’t know what else to say.
Don't worry about the recycled post.
Lately I don't know what to say either.

It's going to be a quiet Sunday.
That's the way it should be.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Today is going to be a 107 degree day, I got out there early and tied down the items in the container, pulled the container forward on the bed then chained it down. Also had time to throw together a post to jack from and temporarily support the container while the cement cures around the front poles. There are just a few things to go in the pickup when we go. I am ready:clap: Now its time to bring the mini mini van in the shop and start installing the tracks.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Little cold snap today. Only 90 :th_lmao:

I hope we’ve seen the last of 100 plus days for the year.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not much planned today. It's VERY WINDY outside. Feels like +6 Celsius. I did go outside earlier and farted. Reports on the smell are coming in from 10 miles away.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Not much planned today. It's VERY WINDY outside. Feels like +6 Celsius. I did go outside earlier and farted. Reports on the smell are coming in from 10 miles away.

The wind is blowing this way so I'm going to keep my windows closed. :th_lmao:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
A buddy is having a Labor Day barbeque party at his house so I'm going there.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
went down this morning and started the Mitsubishi mini cab van Mattracks installation this morning. Another hot one today. Details in the tracked 4x4 section

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I only worked 8 hours yesterday.
Things are beginning to feel more settled now.
That said, we've lost 17 of our beloved people to covid or a complication of having the virus.
We're also finding that the fcking thing seems to be going directly for the heart in very frail and no so frail individuals.
Case in point, a man named Gerry.
No prior health problems.
61 years old.
Only with us briefly for knee replacement therapy.

So I have today off.
Thank God.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yay! It's today! It's today!

First day back to school for the kids since March. They all have to wear masks. Practice social distancing etc. For jr high and high school the kids will have to pretty much stay in the same room all day and the teachers move in between classes. We'll see how this turns out. Hopefully it's not a sh-tshow like down in the states.

For the first time since March the house will be quiet. My wife also starts working from home today. She was off with pay as well since March as the kids needed to be home schooled. Then we already had it arranged for her to have the summers off.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Last night the wife and I got to sleep all night without interruption from the terrorist granddaughter. The lovely Madison went home to her mom and dad who finally returned from their trip to Connecticut.

My son brought back 7 heirloom red raspberry bushes originally from my grandma's garden. They thrived in the Connecticut soil and environment where as, in my own back yard, they barely survived. Hopefully I can make the necessary changes in soil and environment that they survive.

These red raspberries produce once in early summer and then later in September thru until first frost. Berries the size of your thumb and very tasty. My grandma called them "Indian Summer" but I have never seen them in any plant catalogue.
These are not "ever bearing " which may giver you some fruit all season but do not produce large amounts. these flood you with the initial crop and then got to "ever bearing" mode in late summer.

I will be planting them in a sandy humus I mixed up in the wheel barrow. I need a soil PH of 5.5 to 6.5. Mo clay is too alkaline so I will be adding some organic sulfur. Hope it works.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bringing my sons quad to the shop for a carb cleaning/ setup. I can do a lot of things mechanical but carburetors aren't on that list. The thing is a 1989 and was my grandfather's. He never once had the carburetor cleaned. I've had it for 8 years and also never had a reason to tear into it. So it's due.

Also picking up a few bearings and tearing in to the mower deck on the Jacobsen as I discovered a couple of bad pulleys on it yesterday.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Last night I started feeling a little crappy.
This morning I've got a scratchy throat and one plugged nostril.
Yay.. head cold.
I think.
So I called off at 5am this morning.
No way am I going to work.
Especially in that already delicate environment.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Meeting with the child services case worker late this morning. Just routine. Nothing else exciting on the agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.