• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I need recipes for local cookbook.

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
I volunteered to help put together a cookbook for a local non-profit. The funds will go into a fund to help people in creative arts, adults and kids.

What I need are recipes that are not fancy, ethnic foods are great. I need permission to use them and someone to credit the recipe to. We can also put them in as anonymous if that works for you.

I want to thank anyone in advance for your help.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure RK.
Here's one that my Mother used to make, and I made recently to submit for a cookbook on Doc's foodie forum.
----------
Mom's Bacon Fried Rice

2 c pre-cooked cold rice
1/2 c chopped sweet onion
1/2 c chopped red, yellow and green bell pepper
1/2 lb bacon-cut into pieces
1-2 beaten eggs
2 generous pinches of brown sugar
1 clove minced garlic
soy sauce

green onion to garnish
--------------------------------------
Fry bacon first in a wok or heavy skillet until it's about half way done --do not drain the bacon grease.
Push bacon to one side and add onions,peppers and garlic. Saute until they begin to soften a bit.
Add brown sugar and continue to stir until it dissolves, then add rice and and the beaten egg(s).
Cook and stir til eggs are cooked and mixture is heated through. Add dashes of soy sauce and taste to test.
Garnish with green onion.

Looks like this-
2010-10-18 16-20-42.298.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Feel free to use anything on NetCookingTalk.com. Please give credit to the author and NCT and feel free to print a link with the recipe if that would help.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
You are welcome to any of my recipes on my website at flyfishohio.com. Credit for the recipes would be appreciated.

K

kermit2

This is a recipe from our local radio station's website. (WSGW 790)
It is :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Orange Delight Cake
1 orange cake mix
1 can peach pie filling
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
Topping:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
20 oz can crushed pineapple with juice
8 oz Cool Whip

Combine the dry cake mix, pie filling, eggs and sour cream and mix with a fork for one minute. Pour into a greased jelly roll pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or till done. Let cool. For the topping, combine the cream cheese, pudding mix and pineapple and juice. Fold in the Cool Whip and frost the cake. Refrigerate.