• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Severe joint pains!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I partially dislocated my shoulder in a motorcycle accident several years ago. It's been giving me trouble ever since. Some days I can barely lift my arm due to the pain. Today, I was outside waxing my camper using my good arm to do the work. I decided to give my arm a rest and use the bad one for a bit. As soon as I lifted my arm, I felt a popping feeling in my shoulder. As the day went on, the pain got worse extending from my spine all the way around to the front of the shoulder and up my neck. I also lose the feeling in my hand from time to time from this injury.

Does anyone know of a good home remedy to ease the pain enough till I can get to the hospital in the morning? Already took a good heavy dose of tylenol/advil with no luck. Out of alcohol at the moment so that won't help.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
sounds like you may have a bit of a rotator cuff tear as well - and likely partially dislocated it again.
does ice help with the pain any? it should help reduce swelling, which will limit the nerve pinch causing your hand to loose feeling.
is there any position you can adjust to that minimizes the pain?
maybe use a towel or a belt to make a sling to take some of the weight off the shoulder joint?
maybe take some benadryl/diphenhydramine, as it has a mild sedative effect for most folks. (antihistamine)

good luck.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the advice. I've already got an ice pack on it. It was hell at work today with it like that. Couldn't lift anything with it and it hurt every time I went to move my arm.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
sounds like you may have a bit of a rotator cuff tear as well - and likely partially dislocated it again.
does ice help with the pain any? it should help reduce swelling, which will limit the nerve pinch causing your hand to loose feeling.
is there any position you can adjust to that minimizes the pain?
maybe use a towel or a belt to make a sling to take some of the weight off the shoulder joint?
maybe take some benadryl/diphenhydramine, as it has a mild sedative effect for most folks. (antihistamine)

good luck.
What he said.
Very good Erik! :thumb: