• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My Monster Crab Cakes

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's what's for dinner! :smile:

1 c fine bread crumbs
1/2 red pepper- diced fine
1/2 yellow pepper- diced fine
1 shallot diced
2 1/2 c crab meat
1 c mayo
1 egg beaten
1 T Old Bay seasoning

peanut oil
mo bread crumbs
----
Mix peppers and shallot into the crab meat.
Add mayo, Old Bay, egg and bread crumbs.
Divide into 4 large mounds and shape each into a neat patty.
Place in fridge for about an hour, then roll in more crumbs.
Fry in peanut oil til golden brown.
Top with tartar sauce and snipped chives.

my crab cakes.jpg

2010-12-09 19-13-22.484.jpg

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
...and you didn't call me to share this feast with you? I'm stunned. I thought we were closer than to have you eating one of my favorite foods without me. I just don't know what to say.:ermm:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's what's for dinner! :smile:

1 c fine bread crumbs
1/2 red pepper- diced fine
1/2 yellow pepper- diced fine
1 shallot diced
2 1/2 c crab meat
1 c mayo
1 egg beaten
1 T Old Bay seasoning

peanut oil
mo bread crumbs
----
Mix peppers and shallot into the crab meat.
Add mayo, Old Bay, egg and bread crumbs.
Divide into 4 large mounds and shape each into a neat patty.
Place in fridge for about an hour, then roll in more crumbs.
Fry in peanut oil til golden brown.
Top with tartar sauce and snipped chives

Will you elope with me. I promise you won't have to do anything except make crab cakes. STOP. I take that back. Let's not discount ALL the other possibilities. :yum::yum:

Every month or so I drive to Dallas to eat at Chamberlain's restaurant because he makes some of the best lump crab cakes I have ever eaten. I love the things and have to get my "fix". My wife makes some pretty good ones too but even she, the foodie, admits that his are better and what really pisses her off is that he won't give her his recipe. :hammer::hammer::hammer: We often go up to the cooking classes that he holds and when we walk in he smiles and tells her that crab cakes are not on the agenda. :yum: