• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stereo Speaker

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Right now I have a big stereo speaker sitting on an entertainment center that is right next to the taller entertainment center that holds my stereo.
There is no way to put the stereo itself on the shorter entertainment center.
I want to hire some strong dudes to move the taller one to another wall.
This would mean that the only way the speaker would fit would be to turn it on it's side on top of the tall entertainment center. So I am wondering if it's okay to turn the speaker on it's side will it hurt anything in the speaker or is it okay to have it turned on it's side?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Speakers do not care how you mount them.
Other than the speaker should be outputing the sound toward the listener.

Ironman

what do you need such a big speaker for do you enjoy loud rap music

Dam kids nowadays... I bet he wears his pants half way down the crack of his ass too! :yum: just kiddin Cat. :smile: good luck, no need for huge speakers anymore like back in the day. But if that's all ya got...:smile:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm with Cat. I have those left overs from a bygone era sitting in my house. They used to be wired in to the stereo system and the TV but not any more. They are just sitting there ... taking up space but I can't bring myself to get rid of them. I can remember when playing "Bat Out of Hell" used to make the windows bulge.

Besides, I may want to play some of my 45s one of these days and my wife needs some place to put ornaments and candles on. :yum:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
You guys with your little (S)pe(a)ckers

What you need is a pair of Carver Amazing III speakers. A pair of silver seven tube amps.

And a scotch and a cigar.

Heaven just keeps getting better.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Yep like EastTexFrank said they are leftovers. When my house was burglarized (a few days before my truck accident) I think my speakers but not the stereo were stolen. After my brother died I inherited his 4 speakers. 2 large similar to what I had previously and 2 small. I believe it was my brother-in-law who hooked my TV into my stereo. (And thus the speakers.)
I rarely use my TV linked into the stereo but I want that option. Really I need that option. My CD player quit. I never knew that it was possible but a friend of mine told me that I can play music CD's through my DVD player. So thx. for letting me know that I can turn the speakers.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
all I need is what plays cw music real well. I do remember doing a head gasket on a little Suzuki that the back of the car was all speaker. I dialed up the local cw statin and took it for a test drive through the hood. played it as loud as I could, the owner was there paying his bill when I returned. seems the word got out his car was playng white music in the hood.