• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

An SNOWTRAC in a Police Museum.

nikos

A 3 band SNOWTRAC in the Police Museum in Nicosia -Cyprus.

Τhe Symbols are from the Cyprus Police and the sign plate has English characters. An acquisition from the period when Cyprus was under British supervision - possession.
The ground of the island Cyprus has a lot of sand and dunes, There is also a Mount with Snow, but i think after the dismemberment of the island in two Nations, the patrolling and the control of the areas, its now a responsibility of the army Force.

Regards Nikos

Attachments

• IMG_4133.jpg
    IMG_4133.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_4134.jpg
    IMG_4134.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_4135.jpg
    IMG_4135.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 215

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great find.

Snow Tracs are well suited to SAND too. There are catalog photos showing one re-labeled as a SAND TRAC so its very likely the one on Cyprus was used to patrol the sandy areas of the island.

nikos

Hey Melensdad
I will have more information about this ST4, in January. I have a lot of students from Cyprus, working with me in the University, So after the christmas time, i will have more pics form the Museum. Two years ago i was in Nicosia, but i didnt Know something about the Museum.
The forum must have some pics from snowtracs on a sandy areas. I think there are also some ST4 in Syria, (ski center ).
Cyprus and Syria are too close.

Regards Nikos

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have only seen 1 photo of a Snow Trac in the sand. There was a factory brochure photo that showed it. I know some were shipped to Africa at one point for use in the sand. But I have never seen photos of them in use.