• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Barret Jackson Auto Auction

JayC

Huh?
Does anyone watch it? Speed Channel has their 30 hours of coverage going on. It started today, at 7pm EST. If you have never seen it and have Speed Channel, I would highly recommend it. I love watching the auction. They have some beautiful cars on there. The auction runs from today, the 17th, to the 22nd.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I can't watch it...... I don't have Speed Channel is the first reason and the second is that I would wish that I was there buying a few of the cars. I don't have enough garage room for the cars that I already own and all the junk that I have acquired through the years.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the pointer JC. I'll check it out later today.
I've bought quite a few cars at auctions. Usually Bank repo auctions that anyone can buy at. It's fun, but you have to be careful.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I always view that auction as a comedy. :whistle: After some car that I know fairly well goes through, I always end up saying "The buyer paid how much for that?!" :eek:

I don't know how they do it, but so many cars go through there at double or more what they are worth. True, some cars are really nice that go through there, but still... I've always said that I'd never sell my '62 Biscayne that had a 5 year frame off complete restoration done on it (it came from New Mexico, so it had no rust to start with), but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have it run through Barret Jackson and just retire on the proceeds. :smileywac

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Two cuda's just went on the block. One went for 260k the other for 225k. Both were nice, but that's crazy. 67 corvette convertible 427/435 hp went for 205k. I'd prefer the vette if buying ... but prices are way out of my range.
I know we can spend a good bit on our tractors or other hobbies, but the guys buying these cars are in another league. To have that much expendable cash to put out for a car. I'm jealous! :eek:

JayC

Huh?
BadAttitude said:
70 Hemi Cuda 2 dr ragtop just went for $2 mill:eek:

I saw that. I love the color. Never would I ever guess a Cuda ever selling for $2mil.:eek:

The one I was waiting for since the auction coverage began on Tuesday was the GM SuperLiner. I can't believe it sold for $4.1mil. I knew it would get big bucks but not that big!:eek: