• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker model question

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
Is there a document or other source which explains all of the different Tucker model numbers and what they mean? I think the models generally indicate a time period, a size, a track style and a body style right? But is there a list of all of them somewhere? I know some of you just have them memorized but I'm not there yet :). Maybe someday. Appreciate any thoughts.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
for steel tracked machines, it goes like this

let's talk about model 443

first number - 4, is the series

second number - 4, refers to the number of pontoons

and the third number - 3, is for the number of doors

this is more or less true for all steel tracked tuckers

pop quiz test,

322, and it's not a typo, trick question

and 562

year and engine used are never referenced in the model designation, and no, i did not make up a bunch of numbers to mess with you,:)

extra credit will be given for photos of each model ( the photos can be found on the forums )

Last edited:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is the 562 a runner? Would love to see that in action.

420 is sacred number for those that embrace marijuana and may also signal a unicorn is in your presence. That unicorn could be a tucker or real unicorn that missed the arc depending on how much pot was consumed!

Production 220 exist or does yours become a 221 with doors off?

So to sum it up A=B and B=C but A may or may not equal C sometimes.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Is the 562 a runner? Would love to see that in action.

420 is sacred number for those that embrace marijuana and may also signal a unicorn is in your presence. That unicorn could be a tucker or real unicorn that missed the arc depending on how much pot was consumed!

Production 220 exist or does yours become a 221 with doors off?

So to sum it up A=B and B=C but A may or may not equal C sometimes.
and you completely missed the X factor

and yes a 221 has no doors

and 220 is real

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got them all except for the 321 and the first 322. Going to be tough to tell a 321 and 421 apart seeing as they had the same panels.

Of course if they were sitting in my garage side by side would be real easy.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Got them all except for the 321 and the first 322. Going to be tough to tell a 321 and 421 apart seeing as they had the same panels.

Of course if they were sitting in my garage side by side would be real easy.

i see no evidence that you got them correctly and nice try on having 321and 421 sitting in your shop, and not as easy as you think...

mrs addict would have you sleeping in the dog house and quite sure the dog would not put up with you being there. looking like you could be homeless...

heard her say, no more cats!!!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting for others before I spoil it. No more cats but room for one unicorn she said.

I will help

420-many awesome pics of this rig everywhere after McCall
942-Tucker factory thread
424- sitting in tucker factory collection and in many other history pics
322- few pics of this badger mountain one, and alaska one which could be a 322A? Also a 323 exists not to be confused with a 323 maybe?
562-safety one pic

321 and 322?

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
322- few pics of this badger mountain one, and alaska one which could be a 322A? Also a 323 exists not to be confused with a 323 maybe?

The Badger Mountain 'freighter' is a 323. The 322('s) had two different configurations. One is restored and in a museum or personal collection, the other is still missing in Alaska or now in the upper midwest??

I will post pics later, but don't want to wreck the game for others. (but, both pics are already posted on this site)

Tucker geek squad pontoon leader

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Think you are missing the other 322 non typo? 300 series, two pontoon two ski two door rare find. That and the 321

Kristi Kt-4

PM sent to the Professor Pontoon Princess with my answers... Hopefully I passed the pop quiz! How about this machines stats? Photo from imcdb.org

Attachments

• i061688.jpg
    i061688.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 251

Kristi Kt-4

Is this a 300 or 400 series? The next question is a sedan or flat deck from the factory?

Attachments

• 20012023.jpg
    20012023.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 262
  • 20012025.jpg
    20012025.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 240

Tye one on

How does do you explain that 343 that I have half ownership in? ������

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
How does do you explain that 343 that I have half ownership in? ������
funny very funny, wait till i send you the bill for all the pontoon work and new rollers, we'll see what tune you are singing then......

it is tucker's way of messing with you. since they already had the flat deck 342, the sedan really was a 342, only having 2 doors and no rear door, since it was a sedan, they went ahead and marked it as a 343, again, just to mess with you

Tye one on

Go easy on that thing, I might have to buy it back! My wife really misses it, I told her you would give us first right of refusal!

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
Wow that got interesting fast! Good info everyone. Now to try to remember what all of the great minds have shared...so I should know this since I own one but what is the A in 442A

So many questions. Good to know the experts are here! Appreciate you all helping to educate the neophyte!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A is the Awesome model. For that you get 1" rollers and rails instead of 3/4". The castings on your turntables are thicker and you should also get heavier or more leaf springs.

I would venture a guess you would have higher horsepower engine such as V8 also.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
"A" worked the running gear, but not the power plant. Mine is an "A", but has the Flat 6.

Jinn, has there been a pic posted of the only 321?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that one that climbs containers with the loose hood for a speed brake looks interesting.
jim

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dave, yes, there is a photo of the only 321...on the forums

You win.:bangin: Is there a way to discern the 321 from the 421 other than the ID plate? I am pretty (very) certain it didn't run a smaller 3 series pontoon.

At the same time I've been looking for the pic of that 220 that I KNOW I've seen, and can't find it either . . . I thought it was with the 221, but nope.:smile: