• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Maybe another meet ?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
A new thread on Meet options :

I talked last night with one of the people in the local town govering group here in Elkl City .She told me to tell them what we needed to set up a event here .
She said they would turn out the welcome mat .I mentioned bon fires and weenie roast and she was all for it and more . Also she started picking a Forest road that would take us out and bring us back to town on another route . 45 mile loop if we want to . WE are 300 miles from Boise . 135 from Lewiston and about 150 from Missoula.
Now I ain't saying it needs to be done this winter, just that we do have some options if we need em .

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
great idea, how about doing and or having a event in jan, feb, march and april in a different state/location so the greatest number of snowcats could attend, etc etc etc

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Allen I don't know what the snow is like there in elk city but before Christmas works best for me as the days are short and I can't do any thing with out light. also it would make getting a kitchen pass from the misses easier if I could use Christmas shopping as an excuse. Anyway I'm the one odd apple living in the middle of no where

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well , that is an option . Not sure folks could take off for 3 days every month :unsure:.

The town here has been looking for something to draw attention to the winter wonderland we live in and promote business .
I suggested a snow fest many years ago . To me , having a "Antique Snow Cat Meet" would be the mainliner and a real attention getter for the area .
I already have one town group willing to come forward and put on a special welcome for us . Café owner is on board to have a special dinner on Saturday night for us . Told me to just let her know what we wanted to eat .The Red River Hot Springs are again open so there is a place to go and get the kinks out of the body after the long drive . Street dance is easy to set up as is bonfires . For the snowmobilers we only have about 3000 miles of trail to choose from . For the cats we have a few hundred miles of forest service snow covered roads . We have 60 acres at my place for a parking/staging area and I can open the back gate so we can just go wherever your heart desires from here . I even have a 3 bedroom completely furnished Apartment (sleeps 8) with WIFI that we short term / vacation rent should someone want lodging on the ranch .

Right now the roads are snow covered so running the cats in town is fine too .

I also have a complete shop should someone break down or need to leave their rig here for awhile .

Just something to think about ...

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Allen I don't know what the snow is like there in elk city but before Christmas works best for me as the days are short and I can't do any thing with out light. also it would make getting a kitchen pass from the misses easier if I could use Christmas shopping as an excuse. Anyway I'm the one odd apple living in the middle of no where

Our big months of snow are Jan , Feb and Mar . We may have 12" plus inches by Christmas , but that is not a sure thing .

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
elk city can't be that small. I see the DOT has a traffic camera.