• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pacific NW Cascades / Sisi Butte / Firewatch Tower Lookout

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Figured I'll tease you guys with some pictures of our great trip up to a lookout tower for couple a nights in some deep snow @ about 6000ft elevation.

Mt. Jefferson at sunrise, Three Finger Jack is on the right of it...

016.CR2.jpg

Mt. Hood / Oregon / USA

022.CR2.jpg

http://youtu.be/4BLemcH9lXA

Thiokol Imp 1402 custom removable camper with a CVT tent

039.CR2.jpg

never too much comfort...

045.CR2.jpg

beautiful views...

_MG_0566.CR2.jpg

Enjoy Your Life!!!

_MG_0578.CR2.jpg

view from the top...

_MG_0615.CR2.jpg

sorry, I got hot... :) It was like 60deg and no wind...

_MG_0638.CR2.jpg

IMG_3777.JPG

camper setup with tent, cat is very usable for firewood runs, while everything else sits in place.

058.CR2.jpg

For anyone doubtful of a Wisconsin V4, this is how many guys it hauls (not counting the great amount of gear inside the cab)

_MG_0693.CR2.jpg

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Super pics!!

The Wisconsin V4 is a well made engine with a very long production life. They have been extensively used in Agriculture here in the midwest. If maintained properly, they are a very long life engine, much more so than say a VW engine, They can be lugged much more, as will survive such use well. Low RPM and high torque are not a bad combination, and lead to long life....

They made later in the 60's and 70's a 65 HP over head valve version as well, You can tell that engine because it has valve covers, 4 of them for adjusting the valve lash. They look like little domes above the tin work...If I am not mistaken, I believe it would bolt right into an Imp....:whistling:

Fine machine and pics...Our snow took a vacation here last week, as it hit nearly 60 deg. for several days last week.:hammer:

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Great pics and sure looks like a fun outing. Reminds me of the winter boy scouts jamboree.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
thats looks pretty cool, around here hill tops are rocky and blown clean.the temps usualy are a lot colder too,but looks like you all had a lot of fun

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Awesome adventure... and the video of 'the rescue' is great... including the plug for Optima batteries... link to the rescue of what is clearly an Ingenious Imp: http://youtu.be/iJ3lqvOH0CU (most of the actual rescue starts at the 5 min mark but there's plenty of good context leading up to it).

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome photos!!!! Sure looks like fun. Thanks for sharing!!!!!! :thumb:

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Super pics!!

The Wisconsin V4 is a .......:hammer:

Regards, Kirk

Thanks Kirk,

Yes, there were few times when us guys talked about the engine, and how a nice smaller size diesel would be perfect for this cat, yet I almost want to say that this Wisconsin is just plain all fun in this thing...

I dont really care to move about 40mph in it, yet I love the simplicity of the engine if need be on repairs, plus it literally runs on one cylinder if needed... :)

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
thats looks pretty cool, around here hill tops are rocky and blown clean.the temps usualy are a lot colder too,but looks like you all had a lot of fun

Sunny n Warm... :) got up to 60s daytime... (warm front came in with high snow levels),

Trees do make is nice, not having too much of the off camber stuff...

Oilcanman

I am new here, but I have been reading lots and am impressed with your build and your trips. Hope you have many more great outings. Plus great pictures, lucky friends you have......

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am new here, but I have been reading lots and am impressed with your build and your trips. Hope you have many more great outings. Plus great pictures, lucky friends you have......

Thanks Buddy...

We are what "we eat" I guess... :)

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Now there is seriously no reason that we all would not see your cat at the Snow Cat Jamboree That is a great multi purpose cat !