• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 201 questions

dave_dj1

Was this a utilitarian unit?
The one I am looking at has the narrow cab (not sure if they all do or not) so I'm assuming driver sits in the middle and passengers sit in back.
It's an older unit but looks to be all there. It's about as wide as I can go for our trails. I just don't know enough about them to make an informed decision.
I may pull a small drag or just use it for fun and maybe getting some firewood out.
thanks,
dave

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm, no expert on the 201 they are kind of a cool looking machine the vids I have seen show they tend to be a fast machine, and with the front drive they almost resemble a 601 turned around backwards i',m no expert but usualy you will get a machine that will pull better with rear drive. that is why the weasel looks to be running back wards they were originally front drive it was discovered that they preformed better in reverse so the ring gear was reversed and drivers compartment was moved before production was started . a tow bar hooked to the belly up in the front could help drag the machine down for better traction kind of like the cletrac crawler used in ww2 if the machine suits your needs and is in your price range I would try it out before modifying any thing else .