• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New tracked snowcat coming to America

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Terranica, Dreamtrack and Dreamtrack L
6-8 persons 48 MPH !
20" or 24" wide tracks low ground pressure in the 24"

150hp diesel with automatic transmission

About 2 months from hitting the states

50-60K

http://www.terranica.com/en/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 1,470
Last edited:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That should lower the prices of some of the old utility cats.

Time will tell, tracks are not as aggressive but they claim as tested in Russia where it's being made it does well. It will be interesting to see how it performs
It does turn by clutches (reminds me of the red Raidtrac ):wink:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That should lower the prices of some of the old utility cats.

I would agree that a segment of older working cats would be effected.
I live on a sliding scale that the amount I can afford on saving a used item is "half of Half"
so a 6K item has to obtained for $1500 this model gives me $1500 to get it operational and still be half of new. For the record, I violate my rule daily.....

at 50 - 60K I feel the used utility snow cat market is safe. unless this puppy can pull and push as required for SAR and snomo clubs.

love the insight, really a cool concept with what appears to be an automatic. thanks MN outdoors.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Picture of the larger unit from the side some talk of a hard top cab

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,335

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I saw a couple of YouTube videos on this machine. Looks like a great ATV but I never saw them running it on anything other than relatively hard packed surfaces or swamp. No snow to speak of..certainly nothing deep or steep. Still a nice machine.

jask

I think W = winch
PTO winch makes sense with a diesel.... not sure why they thought it was a good idea to mount it off center though.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Have not figured out the "W" in the shifter plate yet maybe "wheely":biggrin:
Maybe it stands for "wuss". After all. They are probably trying to appeal to all customers including former Kristi owners. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Those russians just keep on amazing me... LOL

As they say, in Russia they dont build roads, just build them cars to go "anywhere"...

In the videos, guys specifically points out that the 600mm wide tracks are made for "whatever" depth of snow, yet points out that these are still ATVs and meant to be used in "overall" average winter conditions...

Most of us agree probably, that its not that often that we take our cats out in middle of a blizzard in Rocky mountains sidehills where its "feet & feet" of powder...
(although most of us dream it)...

I'll say bring it to US, myself thou - I'll check it out next time I'm in Russia, see how well it actually works... and just buy one there and bring it to US (got to be cheaper that way)... :)

Cheers to all - hope everyone is having a great summer!

Nikson out (i'm here somewhere, havent disappeared from face of the earth)

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
it looks like it is or was china made.
photo of it in deep water.
http://www.terranica.com/en/blog/category/9/

Jim, from the way I understand it the first prototype originated in China. And the
Turbo diesel and transmission is from there along with some other components
But it is being manufactured in Russia now.

It would be good to get one at one of the get togethers for testing against
Other cats in the same conditions

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I really like it. I thing I would cuss climbing in and a loading platform.
if you get dealership we could be talking.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I really like it. I thing I would cuss climbing in and a loading platform.
if you get dealership we could be talking.

From the way I understand it. We will be able to sell them. I first want to see them and try them. Before I would endorse them.

I have spoke about a hard cab with fold out steps to accommodate us aging baby boomers one on each side because I could see this being used as a transport vehicle easy in and out are important!

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll say bring it to US, myself thou - I'll check it out next time I'm in Russia, see how well it actually works... and just buy one there and bring it to US (got to be cheaper that way)... :)

Maybe not cheaper 3,600,000 Rubles :w00t2:
Plus shipping to US,Dock fees etc

And that's without the heated seats!