• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What is this exactly?

Jcsethro

So hi everyone, I'm sure this is probably the wrong place for this but my internet searches have landed me here and I figured some may know what this is.

A tucker popped up on my local CL and I spent hours last night researching these, then I remembered a friend of mine has an uncle who owned this thing I'm posting the pic of. I asked if he would sell it today and to send me a pic and yes he will sell it.

I would like some sort of tracked vehicle to work on and play around in the snow with, I have plenty of land to bomb around in either. I feel the smaller tracked vehicle would be fun in the trails but the larger tucker would be fun in the big
open areas and for taking people for rides. There seems to be plenty of info on the tucker but what can you all tell me about the smaller tracked vehicle?

$4500 for the smaller machine and $8500 for the tucker, I know it's a tucker forum but what do you guys think? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 255

Jcsethro

Here is the tucker that got me researching these. I really think this is cool as well, not sure how my wife would feel about either of these coming home with me though :unsure:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 256

jask

.... not just a Tucker forum!!!!

but of the two of those- buy the Tucker ;) or keep looking and find a Snow-trac :whistling:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Pretty sure the small one is a modified Bombardier, The tucker looks nice! maybe you should get the 2 and he would throw in the Ford tractor in the deal!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker fan here. Any cat you get plan on lots of up keep which is have the fun on the old stuff.

Jcsethro

I thought the smaller machine was a bombi as well but owner said its a Chinook. Not sure what that is, googled it and came up empty handed. I know he's owned it as long as I can remember. I'm going to get more details on it. If it runs well would it be worth $4500? I really don't see things like this for sale too often in my area.

The tucker is just so cool looking, my shop is filled with stuff and I would maybe have to park it outside, I don't feel too good about that.

I love wrenching and always been a fan of the old stuff. I still ride 3 wheelers and drive a classic car so I know how it goes.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought the smaller machine was a bombi as well but owner said its a Chinook. Not sure what that is, googled it and came up empty handed. I know he's owned it as long as I can remember. I'm going to get more details on it. If it runs well would it be worth $4500? I really don't see things like this for sale too often in my area.

The tucker is just so cool looking, my shop is filled with stuff and I would maybe have to park it outside, I don't feel too good about that.

I love wrenching and always been a fan of the old stuff. I still ride 3 wheelers and drive a classic car so I know how it goes.

No problem, build another shop and they will come. I am known as "The Shop-a-holic".

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
The small machine is definately a Bombardier. Either SW 48 or J5 ( SW48 would be 48 inches wide). The cab and engine cover are either homemade or off something else.
Original engine would be a Chrysler Industrial 251.
They are a little heavy for deep or soft snow but will pull some impressive weight on a packed trail and are more suited for non-snow uses than a Tucker because the tracks and undercarriage are so rugged.

I see it has rubber coated cleats, that and the proportions of the front make me think it's a SW48.

Jcsethro

You guys were right, owner said its a bombardier, said it also seats 3. If that's true that would be cool. I'm going to check it out soon, out at my friends uncles farm.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like the sprockets on the bombardier are about used up, check the tires and tracks over good.