• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Report Your Snow Depth

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
we got a bit of snow here you can see the pic i took of the storm as i was comming back in the storm should have continued on but i parked at the trail head the next morning after the snow cleared i got up got out to the snow trac and prpomtly broke it driving in in the wed snow temp came up about 25degrees in 1/2 hour

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
hey jeff all that snow lets see some pics of you playing in it with your st aow is your intake scoop comming.

moosebgy

Didn't get much chances to play. retired from Coast Guard and started working for the state this winter plowing snow. Still working on the intake, my mad fab skills just make me mad. Started snowing again this afternoon except that it's around 42F outside and it's all just slush now.

Snowcat Pat

We didn't get more than a two foot deep snowpack the whole season and its been all gone for weeks but on the day after we got home we got six inches with more on the way. Not enough to play in but enough to make the workday a little more fun.
-Pat

Attachments

• Snow Depth April 28, 2010.JPG
    Snow Depth April 28, 2010.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 199

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
We have been hit hard with a lot of spring upslope snow for the past couple weeks... Had to get the sleds and snow cat back out. This storm the past couple days has dropped another 2 foot + of snow on us and even closed the main highway for last night and most of today......
P1010013 (Medium).JPG

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope this system leaves it all out there for you guys. We keep getting little squalls and had about 1 inch again yesterday. Now they are saying we could get another round of rain and snow for the weekend. Should be planting more things in the garden not worrying about frost and snow! Strawberries are flowering out and my Amish neighbors have row cover and sheets and blankets covering theirs. Glad mine are hanging in the greenhouse.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i have to get the pics offf thr camara but we had a dusting of snow at salmon lake this weekend i suppose winter is comming quick this year

moosebgy

We had about 1.5" on the ground this morning and now it all but gone. Sure am glad it's still Fall here and not winter yet.

bill w

it's been in the low twenties in the mornings here.winter storm warning for south of us today....up to 8 inches around glennallen,snow in the forecast for us in fbks on thursday.....can't wait....let it snow...Bill w:clap::clap:

bill w

nice alaska120...yeah it snowed here for two hours...but then started melting....supposed to snow tonite about an inch.....bring it on...Bill w

bill w

we were on our way to having a great snow year.....almost 1 1/2 ft on the ground and snow all week in the forcast..........then it started raining...has rained for three straight days....snow is all but gone and it looks like a skating rink outside.we have been pulling people out of the ditch with the tucker...no traction with the pickups...even with chains...hope it cools off soon..Bill w

movin

We have from 18 inches to 43 inches on our trail system. That is at 6200 ft or lower. Our one leg that goes to over 8000 I don't know but it looks deep from here! Bad part..the Tucker is not back together yet. The powder snowmobiles are sure enjoying this! The other bad part, the state has not plowed out the 18 inches in the snow park parking lot.

Hi brand new to the forum didn't see many resent post so I came here. Northern Ca. kirkwood Ca. 136" currently. Im brand new to snowcats and looking at buying a cat next week found a LMC 3700c 1300hrs with passenger carry ten person and 10 way blade. The cat is in pretty good shape picking it up for 4200.00 is this a good deal? it has wide tracks 14' and inches but owner will trade me to make them 12' and inches. I will be using it for construction and just exploring the counrty side what are your thoughts and concerns thanks Chad

movin

Sounds like a great deal, there are many others here that know more than I about the LMC . Make sure it is legal to go where you want to. We have a foot of snow holding on the basin floor and 4 feet reported from the top of one of our smaller mountains.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i have no ide how much snow has fallen because it's comming down horiziontalybut it' s been a blizzard all night and all day ran the snow blower 3times before 7 in the morning this morning and it's stiil comming down will be gooing to the church party in the snow cat tonight.will post pics tomorrow as it should cool off and stop tonight

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Probably close to 16"inches in Elk City Idaho .More on the way .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We were at about 2 ft but mild weather and rain moved in for a couple days. We're now at around a ft to a ft and half.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
some pics from our big storm that blew in yesterdy spent saturday digging out company propertys and today doing my house as you can see the 9 hores honda got a work out

Attachments

• big bliz 002.jpg
    big bliz 002.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 248
  • big bliz 003.jpg
    big bliz 003.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 254

moosebgy

FINALLY, Valdez got some snow!!!! Not alot, around 20 inches since yesterday but it's finally here. Actually looks like winter. 3 days ago you could still find green grass.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Finally getting snow in Iowa! Blizzard conditions with near zero vis. at most times. took the Snow Trac out for a drive, but untill this wind lets up a guy could get lost out there. Maybe in the morning when it is -7 the wind won't be blowing so hard. 3-7 inches predicted with 50 mph winds, gusts to 60. Not a good night to be in the open country.

Kirk

Last edited:

utahwilson

Drove up to the cabin Saturday to check on my solar battery bank. Came across this rafter of Turkeys. Currenlty about 32" of snow at the cabin with more coming down. Whiteout conditions driving in on my snowmobile. No pictures of the snowcat sitting in the barn. :( Would have been a great day for a drive through the back country.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 222

AdkSnowcat

We are, so far, in a forty-two incher. Two-oh-six inches so far this season. Today was the best skiing of the season! I'm not sure how many snowcats are buried under there--I have seen as many as eleven at this spot. Alta, Utah.
SnowcatAlley.JPG
AltaCats.JPG
Here are some of the grooming cats.