• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier Muskeg Track Question

jequimby

Hello All

I have a question about Bombardier Muskeg tracks. The original manual has two side belts and one center belt for a double detent track, they have two different part #s. My mchanic says the belts are exactly the same measurement. All belting suppliers use two side and one center belt. Does anyone know the difference in the side and center belts???? Thanks:applause:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The side belts are 5.5" the centers are suppose to be 6" and the side belts are 5 ply typical and the centers are 6 ply typical

cranman

Early m7 muskegs had short cleats similar to the J5, the centre belts had twice as many holes for the bolts and the sprockets were offset half a cog to accomodate. Later on the solid wheel models had one piece cleats with all belts on the same bolt configuration.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The Muskegs also have come with a flat track cleat but it is a different pitch
instead of the 3.75" on the Muskeg with the Double D-Dent Grouser it is 4.125"

We have a Muskeg here now with the Flat Grousers will post Picture later

powergirl

Do anyone have an inspection form or operators manual for a 1999 Hico Track muskeg with boom or a 1991 Muskeg.

Thanks

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
POWERGIRL,
Contact FF member BOGGIE. PM him he will most likely have one for you as well as any part you may ever need for your Bombardier!

Sylvain

Site Supporter
I have a Bombardier Kombi sw48f, where I can find wide track for it ?

( Need floating on snow )

Thanks

at the time I posted the question I was debating whether to buy a muskeg or a J5 - in the meantime I have purchased a J5 - I'd be interested in seeing pictures of your tracks