• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Today Whilst At The Grocery Store....

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was picking through the display of oranges neatly stacked on a pile.
I wanted about 6 of the best I could find.
To make a long story short, they came tumbling down to the floor... a lot of them.
Feeling embarrassed, yet laughing at the same time and chasing the rolling oranges, this guy whom I'd guess was in his 40s, swept by me and muttered "you stupid bitch, you pick them off the top".. and away he went.
WTH? :hammer:
How can people be like this?
On a better day, I'd have let him have it- but today with the help of a very kind produce man, we got them all back on the stack nice and neat.
It may take me a few days to peel and eat one of them, thanks to Mr. Charming at Chief supermarket.
hmmph!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is nice to have long arms to reach the ones in back that others can't get to. I always find the nicest sweet potatoes that way as well. Oranges are really going up in price right now. It is only a little cheaper to buy the big bags instead of a couple loose ones.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
If you were bent over, I would have helped you pick them up.:brows::brows::yum:
:hammer::hammer::hammer::yum:

These were the really nice big seedless, navel oranges, Bill... with the thick peel.
I rarely buy a bag of any fruit, but prefer to select what I will eat right away.
Remember, I'm the person who buys a bunch of bananas, then lets them turn black and then wonder where the hell the fruit flies are coming from..:biggrin:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Sir Squerly hast come to defend thy honor fair maiden… and not a kind word has thou to spare?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sir Squerly hast come to defend thy honor fair maiden… and not a kind word has thou to spare?
Thank you, kind Sir, for your brave ass kicking offer to defend the fair one.
She shall call upon thee when next she needs a knight in shining armour to defend her honour. :flowers:

Trakternut

If your supermarkets are anything like ours, the bags of oranges don't, usually, have very many good ones in them. Aww, they look pretty good, but, they're not of the same quality as the ones you hand pick from a display, such as the one PG dismantled so daintily.

I'd have had a word with him, had I been standing nearby.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
If your supermarkets are anything like ours, the bags of oranges don't, usually, have very many good ones in them. Aww, they look pretty good, but, they're not of the same quality as the ones you hand pick from a display, such as the one PG dismantled so daintily.

I'd have had a word with him, had I been standing nearby.

That's exactly it, Monte, the bagged ones are best left for juicing or cooking as far as I am concerned.
Besides, as I said, I only buy what I know I'll eat right away.

'tanks! :smile:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good God, I am in tears!! :yum::yum:

I am so happy my orange avalanche adventure with a dickhead has caused such concern and humour.

You guys are sweet. I needed to laugh. :biggrin:

Glad to oblige . Hopefully I won't get burnt to bad for exposing the rusty,mule Galv love triangle . I mean not that I'm judge mental , but.......

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good God, I am in tears!! :yum::yum:

I am so happy my orange avalanche adventure with a dickhead has caused such concern and humour.

You guys are sweet. I needed to laugh. :biggrin:
Nixon is just jealous! He needs some more wood to saw.:whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad to oblige . Hopefully I won't get burnt to bad for exposing the rusty,mule Galv love triangle . I mean not that I'm judge mental , but.......
This from a guy who runs around with chaps on to protect his knees.:w00t2::whistling:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Dammit, Lollie!

I thought you were going to post a photo of one of those carts they used to take your bags out to the car in...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Dammit, Lollie!

I thought you were going to post a photo of one of those carts they used to take your bags out to the car in...
:yum:
Oh yeah, that thread.. dammit!
Here is the modern version..

10453695.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You just met a 10%er PG, that's all. Never let them get you down, life's way too short. :biggrin:
Oh, I didn't really. I was just surprised that someone would waltz by and say something like that.
If I'd been in "a mood", I would have asked him what the hell he just said, then told him where to stick it, but instead betwixt the embarrassing display and feeling like a twit, I let it pass by.
Since this is such a small town (and I don't know if he is a townie), it would be sweet to have him at some time be a patient of mine in the future at the rehab facility.
I remember faces.
Wouldn't it be neat if Nurse Stupid Bitch walked into his room and introduced herself.
I'd present him with an orange before I got down to business. :shifty::tongue: