• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Yellowstone question

AzMike

I want to plan a snow trip for my family to take out our IMP this winter. Several years ago I snowmachined across and all over Yellowstone and had the time of my life.

Is it possible to take a snow cat into the park?

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I've snowmobiled in Yellowstone N.P. several times, but the last time was a few years ago.

I know the rules have changed considerably and are a "hot button issue" with many politicians. For a while it seemed the rules were changing yearly. I suggest you contact the West Yellowstone (Montana) Chamber of Commerce. The winter economy there depends on snowmobiling and they will know what the rules are for this season.

For those who have never done it, it's definitely something worth putting on your bucket list. The snowmobiling in the park is fairly mundane. You must stay on the groomed trails and abide by the posted speed limit (it's enforced). But the wildlife you will see is impressive!