• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

chocolate

SShepherd

share your addiction !!

2 rules i follow;

Don't trust people who don't like dogs

Don't hang around with people who hate chocolate

i once ate a 5lb car of chocolate of a 24hr period- the next day I felt like i had the flu

I've since moved onto Dark chocolate, are 70-75% cocoa..I love the stuff and it actually has good health benefits (the darker, the better for you)

I'm thinking of starting to snack on cocoa nibs- yes I like it that much:w00t2:

snow dog

Attachments

• logo.gif
    logo.gif
    4 KB · Views: 123

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
We have a Lindt factory outlet :clap: I love dark but salt and chili are good, too. Whatever is on the bargain rack :smile:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
If you want pure chocolate come to my place in Panama .I have Cacao trees on my place . A nieghbor grows it and then processes the seeds into chocolate . I like to eat the fruit seeds raw . Its what i call "jungle candy" :w00t2::smile: .Its taste really different from the finished product . Pure chocolate goes a long ways !!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
See's chocolates are great.
I ate two Cadbury creme eggs the other day.. one right after the other.:glare::sick:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Chocolate is a brown vegetable so eat all you want, it's good for you.

You can pet my dogs, if you try to eat them, I'll shoot your ass. :yum::yum:

Saw this today and thought I'd post it for the chocolate lovers here:

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/the-best-chocolate-bars-2470684/

The Best Chocolate Bars

By Lygeia Grace and Dawn Perry
Willy Wonka, eat your heart out: Real Simple staffers selflessly tasted more than 180 luxe bars to determine which ones deserve a golden ticket.

Best 70 Percent Cocoa and Up (Extra-Extra Dark)

Scharffen Berger Bittersweet: Don't be daunted by the high cocoa content. This winner is bright and fruity, with a smooth finish.

To buy: $5 for 3 ounces.

Best 60 to 69 Percent Cocoa (Extra Dark)

Chocolove Rich Dark: Get ready for a flavor explosion: chocolate goodness spiked with roasted coffee, chilies, and cinnamon.

To buy: $3 for 3.2 ounces.

Best 50 to 59 Percent Cocoa (Dark)

Ritter Sport Dark: Rich and glossy, this semisweet pick is better than anything you'd find in a bag of morsels. Serve it with an after-dinner liqueur for a grown-up dessert.

To buy: $2.50 for 3.5 ounces.

Best Milk

Dove Silky Smooth Milk: The pure cream and cocoa flavors are so delicious, even dark-chocolate snobs will see the light.

To buy: $2 for 3.3 ounces.

Best White

Perugina: The white stuff may not technically be chocolate (it doesn't contain cocoa solids), but who cares? Rife with lemony notes, this is buttery and sweet.

To buy: $3 for 3.5 ounces.

Best Almond

Scharffen Berger Milk Almond: A sprinkling of coarse sea salt intensifies the sweetness, and chopped roasted almonds accompany Every. Decadent. Bite.

To buy: $5 for 3 ounces.

Best Hazelnut

Trader Joe's Swiss Dark With Whole Hazelnuts: This monster slab is so loaded with protein-packed hazelnuts, you could almost consider it an energy bar. (Almost.)

To buy: $4 for 7 ounces

snow dog

http://kkloukin.home.cern.ch/kkloukin/chocolate.htm

Chocolate and health may seem like an oxymoron. However, chocolate may be a lot better for your health than you ever thought. This may not be news to those of us who have been happily consuming chocolate all of our lives. Actually, for hundreds of years chocolate has been thought to be a healthful food.

There are some scientific reasons why chocolate makes us feel good and is good for us. To begin with, the main factors of sugar, fat, and carbohydrate provide a boost of energy. Then there is chocolate's seductive mouth feel, the result of cocoa butter, which melts at close to body temperature. Also, chocolate contains theobromine, caffeine, phenylethylamine (PEA), and anandamide that add to its appeal. These chemical substances have a profound effect on the brain and demonstrate that chocolate has a definite physiological effect on the body.

Theobromine and caffeine are both stimulants. Phenylethylamine is a chemical that our brain releases when we fall in love. It also acts as an anti-depressant by combining with dopamine that is naturally present in the brain.
Anandamide helps to stimulate and open synapses in the brain that allow "feel good" waves to transmit more easily. These are the same brain receptors that respond to the psychoactive ingredients in marijuana and hashish. But one would have to ingest more than twenty-five pounds of chocolate at one sitting to get "high" in the same way. Anandamide was discovered by a scientist in 1992. He named it after the Sanskrit word ananda, which means bliss.
Two other factors that also fit into the picture are serotonin and endorphins. These have been talked about often in the context of exercise, but they are important here. Serotonin is a chemical in the brain that is released after eating carbohydrates. It is a neurotransmitter that communicates a feeling of calm to the brain and helps to stabilize moods. Endorphins are another chemical that act to send high levels of energy and feelings of euphoria to the brain. In addition, endorphins have been shown to be effective painkillers, much like morphine
:clap::clap::clap:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
share your addiction !!

2 rules i follow;

Don't trust people who don't like dogs

Don't hang around with people who hate chocolate

i once ate a 5lb car of chocolate of a 24hr period- the next day I felt like i had the flu

I've since moved onto Dark chocolate, are 70-75% cocoa..I love the stuff and it actually has good health benefits (the darker, the better for you)

I'm thinking of starting to snack on cocoa nibs- yes I like it that much:w00t2:

I have 10lbs of Godiva dark, biter/sweet chocolate I'm going to use in something. Perhaps I will invite you over Shep. It is one of my real weakness in life. :smile:

SShepherd

I have 10lbs of Godiva dark, biter/sweet chocolate I'm going to use in something. Perhaps I will invite you over Shep. It is one of my real weakness in life. :smile:

just don't eat it all at once brother.....there's a reason for the term "hershey squirts":wink::yum::sad: