• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Big Al is back !

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Beautiful cabinetry Al. You are lucky to have access to such nice wood and the time and space to do those projects. :thumb:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
How did you do all the joints on the cabinets? Did you just plug the screws or something fancier?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
where do you go, or do they sell TVs in Elk city ?
Just got back from Lewiston . We picked up a Sony 55" LED.We tried several different models and brands in a special room where they could compare one against another . It was a much better way to go than standing at Costco, looking at all the tv's and hoping we were getting it right . Paid a bit more , but I think it will be worth it .

Beautiful cabinetry Al. You are lucky to have access to such nice wood and the time and space to do those projects. :thumb:

Yes , I am . The lumber yard owners let me hand pick each piece of rough cut lumber as they cut it . They then run it through the drying kilm and will plane it for me or leave it rough . I like to do my own planing . Not bad for 40 cents a board foot !!!! Makes for a very cheap set of cabinets . They just started making the new 1x6 T&G blue pine and it is beautiful to work with too .

I use a combination of finish nails , screws, #20 biscuits and Gorilla Glue as needed and also depending on what I am attempting to build . I have pretty much stopped using wood dowels since I bought my biscuit cutter .

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
joking aside you have done a nice job hope someday i can retire and do something like that great work now that is done and you have the tv time to get to work on the krusty or the next excuse for keeping it in the garage is that its summer and you can't drive it. you need to show your buddy Bob Cat what a real krusty looks and runs like i lve them sidepipes.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Today I spent the whole day getting the new Wireless router set up and the new 55" LCD TV mouted on the wall ....:sad: What a pain in the ass .
I spent 45 minutes talking with tech help in India on the router . I felt bad as I kept asking for him to repeat himself . Anyway .... we finally got the new wireless system working . The wife is now happy .

The new wall mount for the flat screen was a royal pain in the ass . Took about 2 hours to get it all done . Love the look , but what a pain in the ass . I hope the wife appreciates it . We are having the super bowl party here . Yes you are invited ........By the way , when is the super bowl ?

I think I will finish hooking up the new flat screen tomorrow and then its on to the new built in dresser system in the master bedroom .

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I use a combination of finish nails , screws, #20 biscuits and Gorilla Glue as needed and also depending on what I am attempting to build . I have pretty much stopped using wood dowels since I bought my biscuit cutter .

Biscuit and pocket hole joinery are the way to go, fo shizzle. Got any fabrication pics of that wondermis cabinetry? What finish did you use?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Biscuit and pocket hole joinery are the way to go, fo shizzle. Got any fabrication pics of that wondermis cabinetry? What finish did you use?

I use Minwax #210B Golden Oak . I like the way the pine takes the stain . It brings out the grain of the wood ,which is the whole reason with going with a Natural wood look . You can finish it off with a Deft clear finish if you want too , but I usually leave it just stained .

snow dog

Today I spent the whole day getting the new Wireless router set up and the new 55" LCD TV mouted on the wall ....:sad: What a pain in the ass .
I spent 45 minutes talking with tech help in India on the router . I felt bad as I kept asking for him to repeat himself . Anyway .... we finally got the new wireless system working . The wife is now happy .

The new wall mount for the flat screen was a royal pain in the ass . Took about 2 hours to get it all done . Love the look , but what a pain in the ass . I hope the wife appreciates it . We are having the super bowl party here . Yes you are invited ........By the way , when is the super bowl ?

I think I will finish hooking up the new flat screen tomorrow and then its on to the new built in dresser system in the master bedroom .

really , did love a run across the pasture in the KT7