• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I will never use a ladder again .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Since the weather has finally turned warm I loaded up the new(to me) used boom lift and headed to Dad's old place to help spuce it up before it sales . It raises up to 33 feet

Trimmed 4 Big Black oak trees to 33 feet in about 2 hours ! This is really the first time I have agressive put it to work . No shakey ladders for me ever again:clap: . Even over the house I just cut the big limbs in 20" lengths and carried them down pass the roof line . How in the hell did I ever live without one of these things ???:biggrin:
Last time I had this done it cost me damn near a $1000 bucks and took all day .

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
A cherry picker is the way to go any time over 8'. Just my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
A cherry picker is the way to go any time over 8'. Just my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

I asume you mean one of those ladders with a third leg ??? NO WAY !!
Joe this damn thing is just too much fun . I could proably charge the kids in the nieghborhood a $1 a piece just to ride in it :biggrin:. Besides it has all these neat buttoms and switches to play with too !!!:clap::w00t2::w00t2:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
No, Al a cherry picker is a boom type bucket that lifts hydraulically, and it sure isn't a 3 legged ladder. You stand in basically a bucket with the controls and lift yourself up. I've used them for years as both a sheet metal worker as well as in the storage business, though we tended to rent them by the job.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
No, Al a cherry picker is a boom type bucket that lifts hydraulically, and it sure isn't a 3 legged ladder. You stand in basically a bucket with the controls and lift yourself up. I've used them for years as both a sheet metal worker as well as in the storage business, though we tended to rent them by the job.

This is my baby . Sounds like what you used .

Attachments

• Boom lift 2.jpg
    Boom lift 2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 57

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm afraid of heights but have used a couple of scissor lifts, fun toys. But for work outside I'd think one of those things would be a lot handier than a scissor lift.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
After pressure washing the upper levels of the house and cleaning the gutters with one of these all day yesterday:

227025_lg.jpg

I'm thinking one of those man-lifts might be a nice investment. I think I'll keep my eye out for one on Craigslist.

NOTE: They make it look much easier in the pictures. That thing is cumbersome when it's extended the full 24 feet. My upper body is sore today.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
After pressure washing the upper levels of the house and cleaning the gutters with one of these all day yesterday:

227025_lg.jpg

I'm thinking one of those man-lifts might be a nice investment. I think I'll keep my eye out for one on Craigslist.

NOTE: They make it look much easier in the pictures. That thing is cumbersome when it's extended the full 24 feet. My upper body is sore today.

Damn, you have a concrete house?! I'm impressed.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Ha! Well the house is sided in Hardi-plank but the picture is stolen from Northern Tool.