• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Critter problems in your gardens ?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I,ve heard of a lot of people having critters eating everything in the gardens & such . I made a couple of raised flower beds for My wife to grow her flowers in & thinking about putting in a veggy garden . :flowers:

Problem is I feed about all the critters around here as well as having a herd of feral cats . Last year I bought a motion sensor deal that suposedlly made some kind of sound that would scare them off . Pure waste of money , seemed to attract them more . :glare:

I,ve been doing some reasearch for anything that will help & just ordered & received 2 motion sensor sprinklers . According to the video they look like they work great . I haven,t tried them yet but Curious as what others do .

They aint cheap about 70 bucks a piece & takes a 9 volt battery that is supposed to lasr for months depending on how many times its activated . I just thought some others might be interested . I,ll let you know how they work for sure . Heres the vid . Bob

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1C5nAVa288"]YouTube- CR0 101 Scarecrow[/ame]

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I have one. It works but if you want to go anywhere near that area then you need to turn it off which gets to be a hassle.

Also, it doesn't cover that much space. You would need a lot of them to cover any sort of serious real estate.

Good for garden patches though.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
A neat idea. I do have squirrels, chip monks, coons and feral cats which my wife feeds but have little problem with them in my garden at all. My garden is raised along the side of my house bounded in concrete pavement. The landscaping plants and flowers they don't touch at all.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Go visit your barber and the wife's hairdresser and get bags of hair to scatter around the perimeter. Used cat litter works good as well as strips of carpet laid in a line along the border. I use carpets rems myself as they really attract the earthworms and deer don't cross them. Bear goes anywhere he wants to go and eats what he wants unless you shoot and yell at him. Coons mostly go after sweet corn and are one of my biggest headaches. I ran a half mile of radio fence around my whole yard and garden last year and will see how the dogs do this year at keeping the deer out of the flower beds and shrubs. I have the rabbits pretty well under control now between the 22mag and the jack russels.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Good ideas thanks for the input . I allready thought about it being a pain PB & probablly will get soaked a few times untill we get used to them . Right now they will just be used for the raised flower gardens & Mainlly to keep my cats out .

They think they ARE litter boxes & no I aint going to shoot them as much as I,m tempted sometimes :hammer:

I went to hook them up yesterday & found out My wells screwed , I,ll start a seperate thread on that as I need some ideas .

Heres a pic of just some of my culprits :biggrin:

Attachments

• P3250001.JPG
    P3250001.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 14

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If it comes inside the invisible fence, the dog eats it... :)