• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB Tucker track rollers & pcs

Eric L

Site Supporter
for steel track '65 443

I know.. so is everyone else..

looking for good track rollers and 18" track sections.. mostly need the rollers but can use approx one pontoon (or more) of spare track ..good sprockets would be nice to have too.

I've heard rumors of rebuilding rollers, but no info or facts, anyone got the skinny on this?

Cooks has new repro rollers, but I'm trying to get away from the $45 price tag. There were also rumors of someone else making repro rollers, but I have not found any leads to actual inventory.. any leads?

PM or e-mail to eric (at) urjb.com

Thanks,
Eric.

Mtn-Track

When was the last time you checked with Cooks? When I talked to them last spring they only had some left-over plastic rollers that didn't work very well and some of the bearing caps....

Eric L

Site Supporter
When was the last time you checked with Cooks?

about 3 weeks ago .. they are steel repro rollers ..3-6 weeks lead time because they have them made to order.. and as Bill Cook said "they're not exactly flying off of the shelves".

Snowcat Pat

I've asked it before and I'll ask one last time...Just exactly will buyers of track roller agree to pay for, say, 10 each or 50 each or 100 each, etc. repro tucker track rollers. Making them has never been a problem. Making even a tiny profit on them certainly is.

Have y'all tried to contact Billy Tuttle? He had the best I've seen so far.
Used to be at this site.
http://disc.server.com/Indices/144586.html

-Pat

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Tucker Owners,..... IN HERE!!!!!.......
by Don Coyote® » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:26 pm

No,..... I'm stilll here.

..... I have six dozen "Emergency Rollers" I can assemble and ship out anytime. (I only have enough bearings to make two dozen,..... but I can buy more bearings after I start selling rollers).

I can likely start mass-producing these "New-Style" rollers after I sell all the "Emergency" rollers. (I'm not I wealthy person,.... I need to build a bank before I can build new rollers).

I have over 50 "Emergency" rollers on my Buddy's 1967 Tucker,..... and I haven't had one of my home-made rollers fall off in two years, (After I started putting "Jam Nuts" on them).

A real bargain at $80.00 for a half-dozen!

don_the_bad_coyote@yahoo.com

Silence is golden,... duct tape is silver.
Don Coyote®

Private message

this is from team Richards site not sure if he is still selling at that price or not .

Eric L

Site Supporter
I've asked it before and I'll ask one last time...Just exactly will buyers of track roller agree to pay for, say, 10 each or 50 each or 100 each, etc. repro tucker track rollers. Making them has never been a problem. Making even a tiny profit on them certainly is.

Have y'all tried to contact Billy Tuttle? He had the best I've seen so far.
Used to be at this site.
http://disc.server.com/Indices/144586.html

-Pat

Link does not work for me..

Lets say I have $1000 to spend on rollers this year, ..how many do you have?

I have not counted exactly, but I'm sure I need about 20 rollers, many of them are destroyed, so any kind of rebuild would be impossible. I'd like to find a deal and get 100 rollers cause I'm gonna need 'em eventually.

I was not really surprised at the price of $45, it just adds up is all.

thanks

Laurentian

Old post, just curious. Surely someone on the forum must have acess to a cnc lathe to get these made up? With some patience they could
probably be even be turned on a conventioal lathe with the right set-up
to keep it simple. Just sayin, have never seen one up close though :ermm:

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
if you have a conventional lathe you can spend hours making just one,yes once you have the setup it will go faster,but most people( including me) get very board doing high production numbers and want good money to sit in front of lathe for that long,some one with a CNC machine has money invested in very high production numbers.I'm sure if you ordered 10,000 units you could get them fairly reasonable.

but with low demand you could buy a used lathe cheaper and just make your own.

Laurentian

if you have a conventional lathe you can spend hours making just one,yes once you have the setup it will go faster,but most people( including me) get very board doing high production numbers and want good money to sit in front of lathe for that long,some one with a CNC machine has money invested in very high production numbers.I'm sure if you ordered 10,000 units you could get them fairly reasonable.

but with low demand you could buy a used lathe cheaper and just make your own.

Thanks Auto, you're right. I get bored as well, and need a job to pay at least a little now. At 48 YO I have done my faire share of below cost jobs to feel the fatigue just entertaining such a job. We have a used clean Mazak QT-8 coming on line this summer and that would be the way to go
to make these up I guess. Do these pontoon rollers have greasable roller bearings pressed in and held down with a circlip ?

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Auto, you're right. I get bored as well, and need a job to pay at least a little now. At 48 YO I have done my faire share of below cost jobs to feel the fatigue just entertaining such a job. We have a used clean Mazak QT-8 coming on line this summer and that would be the way to go
to make these up I guess. Do these pontoon rollers have greasable roller bearings pressed in and held down with a circlip ?

from the aftermarket ones i have seen being made and posted on-line they are two piece with sealed bearings and snap ring, with the two piece design, you can replace just the roller flange that rides on the pontoon that wears and the bearings if they go bad,I'm sure there are pics on this site somewhere and who made them but i don't know in what thread to look in. the Tucker i work on has belted tracks and i have little experience with steel tracks,but from what i remember the are not very complicated(just lots and lots of rollers and rusted bolts)wish i could be more help:ermm: