• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

So, where's you're happy place?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Since we're talking about happy places and stories, where's you're happy place? What puts you there?

For me, it's when I get into the "zone" when I'm playing guitar. It's a place where I'm totally relaxed without a care in the world. I can often close my eyes and play for 1/2 hr and be right at peace. It's totally relaxing.

So, what puts you into you're "happy place"?

mak2

Nice thread.

I have several. Braco Lido in Jamaica, will be there in 6 days. It is so nice and happy I am ready to come home in 7 days. But I look forward to going back every year. This office (at home) is a happy place and FF is a pretty happy place almost all the time.

Humm, I have several bars with many friends and they are happy. My far garage is great and very nice when I hide out there and work on stuff or watch TV. My pool and back yard. Damn, I am a lucky guy I just keep thinking of happy places. :biggrin:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Great Question! . Panama for one . Idaho in the back country for another . Being with good friends is great anytime .

I would have to say "being outdoors " has got to be one of my favorite "Happy Places" .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I was originally going to say being out at camp during the summer but I figured it's a close second. I can be all frustrated and stressed when I get home from work. Some days, I'll walk in, take the boots and jacket off, head downstairs and pick up the guitar and play for a bit just to relax and unwind.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I was originally going to say being out at camp during the summer but I figured it's a close second. I can be all frustrated and stressed when I get home from work. Some days, I'll walk in, take the boots and jacket off, head downstairs and pick up the guitar and play for a bit just to relax and unwind.

It is not a happy place when I try to play my guitar . I took 4 years of lessons and I still stink !

Trakternut

I, like many other members on here and NTT, find a happy place on the seat of a reliable tractor.
Steam shows, that sort of thing allow me to forget the here and now for a while.
I spend time in my garage listening to the radio, in thought, or actually working on something.
I'll think of more as time goes on.
Great thread!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I, like many other members on here and NTT, find a happy place on the seat of a reliable tractor.
Steam shows, that sort of thing allow me to forget the here and now for a while.
I spend time in my garage listening to the radio, in thought, or actually working on something.
Great thread!!

I guess I could say the same thing about when I'm out in the trail groomer for hours on end. I find it relaxing. Sitting there with a cup of hot coffee, radio cranked, heat on, on a slow scenic tour of the countryside around these parts.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Great thread!!

Ditto TN.... Spending so much time away from home these days, quite often my thoughts take me there. There's nothing like it. :smile:

Attachments

• farmmountain.jpg
    farmmountain.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 210

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Right here and now.. that's my happy place.
Life is good, don't want anything more, I just pray nothing is taken away.

norscaner

Once a year we load up the quads and tents and ride 12 miles into the bush on old trails to spend a week of fishing. Ages this year ranged from my Dad @ 84 and nephew who was 5.

Attachments

• IMG_9077.jpg
    IMG_9077.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 200

SShepherd

Hmm....my happy place

I guess my house, sittin in the greatroom is #1. I don't know if it has great "fung shui" or what, but almost everyone thats been here says they wanna go to sleep (ok, not because I'm boring either:glare:)
Picture1107.jpg

2nd is the dojo. I get to completely forget about everything-zen if you will-100% concentration on what I'm doing

SShepherd

thanks guys, took me 3 days to do the fireplace......after I figured out how to mix the morter the right way:doh:

my wife likes to decorate for xmass
Picture1110.jpg

oh...here's a decent video and explination of one the themartial arts I do at the dojo.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-t98JvAC-E"]YouTube- MATCHA: Way of the Sword[/ame]

benspawpaw

my happy place is wherever i am at as long as any or all 3 of my grandkids are there. and of course when i am with my wife. i love her so much. we spend a lot of time together these days since we are both on disability and at home a lot. i was afraid we would get tired of each other but i think we are closer now than at any time in the 27 years we have been together. one other place is forumsforums with all my friends.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::brows:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Shep im Gobsmacked .....an amazing natural home i have dreamed of.......but me also im happy when at home in the Lounge with my wife and kids.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
My happy place, the place I find focus in a crappy world.
Its a Kitfox Model IV - One of two that I currently own.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0YtrO5eMX4"]YouTube- Approaches to My House[/ame]​

Attachments

• Larry & 96DJ (3).JPG
    Larry & 96DJ (3).JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 212

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That's an awesome video,Larry!
Nice picture of you with the plane too.
You've been missed!
Hugs hugs hugs!

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
My wife and I sitting on the deck talking and looking at the view.

Attachments

• nisw (Medium).JPG
    nisw (Medium).JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 201

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Since we're talking about happy places and stories, where's you're happy place? What puts you there?
Just being out here at the ranch. It has been a magical place ever since I was a little kid visiting grandparents. I am still awed when I am here. Here's a photo I took yesterday.

P1560671rNineDeer.JPG

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This is my REAL happy place to get off to.
And, I am not ashamed to admit it either.

gchurch.JPG

gchurch2.JPG

Also, there is a stream down the road where Gretchen and I walk, it's quiet and just on the outskirt of town, and has a path. She loves to sniff and explore and it clears my head.
I'll take a snap of it next time.

BoneheadNW

Walking with my little buddy on the neighborhood trails this morning after 6 days of heavy rain.
Bone

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 196
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 197