• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

7 states, 14 days, 3000+ driving miles.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just getting back from a little traveling vacation.

4 of us flew into Denver and rented a RV for a couple weeks.

In general:
We stayed overnight at:
Grand Junction, CO
Bluff, UT
Williams, AZ
Las Vegas, NV
Ruby’s Inn, UT (outside Bryce Canyon)
Provo, UT
Idaho Falls, ID
W. Yellowstone, MT (2 nights)
Cody, WY
Casper, WY
Cheyenne, WY
Estes Park, CO
Golden, CO

The bigger places we visited:
Arches National Park, UT
Moab, UT
Monument Valley, UT/AZ
Grand Canyon (South Rim), AZ
Hoover Dam, AZ/NV
Lake Mead, NV side
Las Vegas, NV
Zion National Park, UT
Bryce Canyon National Park, UT
Temple Square (Salt Lake City)
Antelope Island State Park (Salt Lake)
Grand Teton National Park, WY
Yellowstone National Park (3 days), WY, MT
Buffalo Bill Museum (Cody, WY)
Rodeo in Cody, WY
Frontier Days (annual fair/rodeo) in Cheyenne, WY
Estes Park, CO
Rocky Mountain National Park, CO

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome back Brian. Looking forward to some PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

What was your favorite spot of all those listed?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, pics may take awhile... I snapped about 1,000 and I was the driver for the whole trip. There's close to 4-5,000 total pictures that need to be gone through. After the good ones are pulled out, they all need resizing as most cameras were running on 10+ mega-pixel settings.

It's so hard to pick a favorite. The Grand Canyon and Yellowstone are the most majestic but each of the others offered something very unique and interesting.

I do have to say that a very nice part of the trip was driving my truck from the airport home. When I first started off, I think I left about 50' of tire rubber as I wasn't quite ready for a vehicle that actually reacts when you hit the gas. In the RV, it's "get up and go", "got up and left". I struggled many times to get as high as 20MPH UNDER the posted speed but it just couldn't keep up. I think I actually hit the speed limit once (but I was in a 35MPH zone and had the sail up and a tail wind).

It was also incredibly quiet compared to the RV which more often than not sounded like you were in the middle of a hurricane when driving. Everything rattled, the drawers constantly slammed open/closed...

I've got some questions for those that live out that way but may start new threads.
E.g. Is it a standard practice in Utah to dispose of your old mattress by putting it (unsecured) in your truck and drive around until the wind blows it away? Heck, I even saw billboards that said that the highway isn't the place to drop off your mattress...

What's with all the trucks? Does everyone drive a 3/4 or 1-ton Dodge crew-cab truck out there? Why are 90% of the trucks made by Dodge?

More later (as I think of them).

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I take pictures like that also, in the biggest format I got then resize.
If you don't already have an automatic picture resizer try out ezthumbnails. It is awesome and it's FREE. Lets you resize directories of pics all at one time. You set the output picture max size and it does the rest for you. Add a prefix or suffix to each pics name, put the new pics in a new dir if you want etc.... It's cool.
Here's a link to the free download:
http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I take pictures like that also, in the biggest format I got then resize.
If you don't already have an automatic picture resizer try out ezthumbnails. It is awesome and it's FREE. Lets you resize directories of pics all at one time. You set the output picture max size and it does the rest for you. Add a prefix or suffix to each pics name, put the new pics in a new dir if you want etc.... It's cool.
Here's a link to the free download:
http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

I also like:

Faststone Image Resizer:
http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Some pictures.

A resting buffalo.

Attachments