• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I waved to y'all while driving through Ohio

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Made a trip through Ohio last weekend. Crossed from PA to OH mid-state as we made our way to the Rogers Market. From there, headed north up Rt 7 to I-76/I-80 heading towards Cleveland. Waved to JEV then headed towards Sandusky on I-80.

Did I pass by FrancSeven?

Spent the weekend in Sandusky at the water parks. From our destination, faced westward and waved to PirateGirl.

In Sandusky, we stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge (it has an indoor water park) and did a lot of playing and such. Went over to Kalahari (another water park but much larger) to eat as they have a great restaurant there ("The Reserve").

For the return trip, we stayed on I-80 back into PA so we waved to Nixon, LilNixon and AndyM.

Who else lives along that route that we forgot to wave to?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No Cedar Point. Kids aren't into the big rides quite yet. I do want to take them there but will have to start them on a bit smaller roller-coasters as I don't want them to go into shock getting on the big ones right from the get-go.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think they'd be quite ready for the Magnum, or that other one.. can't recall the name.
Thrilling for sure!
Never did like the Mean Streak. Wooden coasters are too loud and rough to ride.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That other one is called Millennium Force.. and it's addicting lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D2PktFecok&feature=related"]Millennium Force - Front Row POV - HD - YouTube[/ame]

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Isn't that the one where it's common that people pee their pants? I noticed in the video that everyone sounded really excited, all the way until that first drop. After that it was really quiet and you didn't hear the traditional whooping and hollering people do on coasters.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know, but I almost peed my pants on the Maverick, first time riding it haha!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GK3uDRc7JU&feature=fvwrel"]Cedar Point Maverick POV - YouTube[/ame]

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
They definitely have some good ones there. I was just popping through some videos of the different coasters.

I like the looks of the "Top Thrill Dragster". Zero to 120 MPH in 3.8 seconds straight into its ascent up a 90-degree incline, twisting 90 degrees counter-clockwise before climbing over the 420-foot (130 m) hill. Upon descending, the track twists 270 degrees before leveling out.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That one's fun too!

Never did like the ones where you're hanging from the seats (legs, I should say) and going upside down though.

Ya know, you could take the kids there and let them go on all the kiddie rides, they have junior coasters and lots of other fun stuff to do... then you and Mrs. Zoom could ride the thrillers.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ya know, you could take the kids there and let them go on all the kiddie rides, they have junior coasters and lots of other fun stuff to do... then you and Mrs. Zoom could ride the thrillers.

I'm much more apt to get the kids on the thrillers. Mrs. Zoom wouldn't ride anything like these. I just want them to get a smaller dose of g-forces (especially the negative g's) before they hit those big coasters.

I think I mentioned it months ago, but we did a zip-line route over a zoo last winter. I think it had something like 16 or 26 different lines you needed to run. Kids did great, Mrs. Zoom was kind of timid.