• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Something Found

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ever go digging around in your kitchen cupboards and find things you'd forgotten about?
I did today.
Decided to give the kitchen a good clean, top to bottom.. cupboards all.. fridge, stove... etc..

I have a bottom shelf in one of the cupboards where I keep souvenir tea towels from my time in England, as well as old cookbooks, etc...
Normally it's not someplace I go to regularly while in the kitchen, cooking or otherwise.

Mom had bought these Lenox lighthouse crystal salt and pepper shakers for me two or three years ago! The bottoms that look like waves are frosted crystal.
Feels like I've been gifted all over again. :smile:

2010-06-06 20-25-15.168.jpg

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Yup. Last week I did the same thing and found some cast iron fajita skillets complete with the wooden serving bases! I seasoned the skillets today and am looking forward to some muy deliciosas fajitas.

Attachments

• IMG_0576.JPG
    IMG_0576.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 178

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Heh, I'll leave all things bread to Joe, although I do have a basic banana bread recipe.

Take it away Master Bread Maker! :D

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Grandma's Banana Bread :flowers:
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and beat. Add flour, sifted with salt and soda. Add mashed bananas last. Bake in a greased loaf pan at 325 degrees for 1 hour.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Wow! That was fast. And simple. I'm gonna try this one tomorrow.

Thanks, Lola!:clap:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I found something while moving stuff to the garage and we'll leave it at that ............... :whistling:

RobsanX

Gods gift to common sense
SUPER Site Supporter
I pretty much know where everything in my kitchen is. When my wife or kids do the dishes, I'm lucky if I can find anything at all! :yum:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I pretty much know where everything in my kitchen is. When my wife or kids do the dishes, I'm lucky if I can find anything at all! :yum:

Damn, I know that feeling! Every time my wife cleans house I loose track of damn near everything I use on a semi-monthy basis ............. :whistling:

ncroamer65

I live with a "grimlen" that moves things around here every week, so
it's hunt and search. I've been happly married to her for 13yrs. :clap:

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Ya welcome.
Don't forget the pics, or I shall beat you up.:yum:

It's a bakin' right now in the bread pan I found last night in my seldom-used-kitchen-stuff box!

Gotta a question, though. How long does the bread have to be on fire before it's done?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's a bakin' right now in the bread pan I found last night in my seldom-used-kitchen-stuff box!

Gotta a question, though. How long does the bread have to be on fire before it's done?
:yum: insert knife. If it comes out clean, it's done.
Although with banana bread, it can fool you.
I bake mine at 350 for about 35-40 minutes.
Baking at a lower temp for longer works too.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
It came out a little dry and spongy, so some vanilla ice cream and a light drizzle of blueberry syrup tuned it up quite nicely. Yum!

Attachments

• IMG_0579.JPG
    IMG_0579.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 122

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like you baked it too long looking at the outer sides of the loaf.

:w00t: Ice cream and syrup?!?
Jim, you're an innovative baker. LOL

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Try it. It's da bomb!
I will the next time I overbake my nanner bread..:poke:
J/k.. it looks fab!
Hint for next time: Only bake it until it's golden brown and a knife or toothpick comes out almost clean.
You want the bread to retain a certain amount of moistness inside, which is why I said it can fool you.
This may not apply to everyone, but I like to keep it in the fridge after it cools a bit.
Chilled banana bread tastes fabulous, and stays moist until you've eaten the entire loaf.
You did good. Me likee.:biggrin: